1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, James Harden won’t blow it up in 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-james-harden-wont-blow-it-up-this-offseason/

In confirmation of what should have already been clear, the Rockets aren’t likely to consider breaking up their team in the 2020 offseason, according to longtime beat writer Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.

Here’s what Feigen told the Pushin’ Thru/Athletes Unfiltered podcast:

The blow it up and start over thing is not for this offseason. And the reason I feel fairly certain about that is they’re certainly keeping James Harden informed and getting his input on coaching, discussions and considerations. You wouldn’t involve him if you’re planning to send them off somewhere.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds good. So long as it happens next off-season.

DCHAMP, RocketFan, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah that would be most likely. We have our picks in 2022 and 2023. Those would be the ideal years to blow it up. I just hope those drafts are great drafts in terms of talent available.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed! I thought '21 was supposed to be stacked. So if we deal Harden and get a great '21 pick in return, then we will have high picks for 21-23. That's a 3 year tank, which should be sufficient to make us interesting again.

Ramo$e, jevjnd and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

Not surprised by it but we wont be competing for a ring regardless unless they pick up a superstar caliber player to play alongside Harden and no WB doesn't count as a superstar.

harold bingo and saleem like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Of course they are not blowing it up this year. Fertitta thinks that he can win this year and still take shortcuts.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

D-rock likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

With Harden getting Lucas hired...this is a make or break year for him.

Because Tilman will ship his a$$ out believe that.

You make all these decisions because morey gave you that power now it’s time to put or shut up. Last chance James.

Cant have your cake and eat too James not no more not with Tilman in charge now.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Man, this guy TF has no idea how to improve a team. Even Les was better than him.

D-rock, HP3, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I became a Rockets fan buoyed with enthusiasm and optimism before my middle age. On the cusp of my senior years, the Rockets are filled with uncertainty :mad::mad::mad: Dang!

saleem likes this.
  11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its kinda stupid really but Warriors are coming back in full force, thats the only team i see being a threat, well and clippers. So really whats the point of running it back for the 4th time lol.

James Harden and Westbrook make the game fun to watch thats about it. So i guess maybe a few more years of that and rockets going to be bad lol.

#12 Le$$, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    amaru likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Ok well now that that’s settled, what do we do improve this roster?

I say try to trade EGo for a better front court player if possible. All our firepower is in the back court and that has to change. We need to find a way to be offensively small yet defensively big like the lakers to have any kind of chance.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We already know James Harden will not be traded (blow it up) this season.

Expect Westbrook to be traded midseason 20-21

While Tilman is a crappy owner, he isnt stupid. The best value TF will get out of Harden is 21-22. 22-23 is when Harden will demand a trade to the team of his choice since he has player option. And we have our 21-22 and 22-23 1st pick. We will tank hard the next two seasons.

As a Rockets fan, you can only hope TF can dig his way out of his financial hole in the next 3 years so Houston can afford to be competitive.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

How do you not see the Lakers being a threat?

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think Lebron about to sink haha.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

When LeBron James retires, I think James Harden wants to play for the Lakers. His GM, former Agent and friend is there.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He really sank to a couple trophies.

Lakers are actually interesting every offseason, got players lined up for them.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you can some how get Myles turner and Christian Wood. You need some real Bangers down low to get this team going. Plus they can hit 3's and space the floor when needed.

There youth and Athleticism might get Russ and Harden over the hump. They could sure use the rebounding lol.

#19 Le$$, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    RocketRed84 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sounds like they are about to blow it up.

Can't wait til the breaking news that James has been traded.