1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Lucas been offered the HC job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: John Lucas has been offered the head coaching role by the Houston Rockets. It is up to him to decide whether he wants to take the job and work out the contract. Sources tell me Stephen Silas is the secondary option in case of any breakdown. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NBA</a> <a href="https://t.co/sceGDRpamS">pic.twitter.com/sceGDRpamS</a></p>&mdash; BraBra (@BraBraBall) <a href="">October 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Credit to @brabra on twitter,go follow him

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

which other nba team would ever offer lucas a HC job... why the F wouldn't he take it? this is the same guy who was made to sit crooked horizontal behind the coaching bench b/c tilbitch didn't want to waste a real chair and potential ticket revenue on him. of course he's going to take the peanuts offer and of course this is the end of harden's run w/ the rockets

D-rock, sungjina, Highlyrated and 2 others like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You know what?
    Harden wants him then F it. Give it to him. I didn't want D'Antoni and he turned out ok. At this point it's do whatever Harden ala Lebron in Cleveland and if it works it works. If it doesn't then everyone goes in a fire sale!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the nosedive seems almost intentional.

Yung-T, D-rock, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think they are. In the "brabra" thread.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

brabra 100 likes.... gitr dunnnn

8. ball king23

ball king23 Member

does he want it seems why not give Stephen Silas the chance to coach

D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

2021 Coach of the Year

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Is this legit?

Or is brabra a holic burner account or something?

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

All jvg wants to do is coach for his hometown rockets and we’re ****ing him again. I want to be optimistic but I’m having a hard time. I think once Morey left, most likely over Tilman clash/not getting full reign to pull the trigger on his buddy jvg, the writing is on the wall. It’s going to be a long decade.

13. riko

riko Member

He seems to be legit

D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO
    No Way Lucas is "thinking it over"

He would have jumped at the job

Rocket River

Jayzers_100, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  15. DaneB

DaneB Member

I don’t think brabra has any sources. He’s just reading every single news article like we are. The narrative definitely leads to Lucas getting the job.
    I’m sure Lucas is really a great guy. He’s not the most skilled man for the job at all though.

I think we know the changing of the guards is coming. This next year is the last hoorah, so we’re like “It’s our last chance, you tell us what you need to get us there.” They will pick Lucas because he isn’t going to make them work any harder and they know what he is going to demand.

Morey has been checkmated and knew that he trained Stone up to be extremely competent and is fully capable to do what he can. Tillman ****ed us though when he demanded Morey to trade CP3. I think Stone will do his best to get a big man. He essentially has the hand given to him by Tillman though. He will have a lot more fun starting fresh.

16. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

It was a typo ,I didn't meant to type
    Lmaooooo

D-rock likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

**** man. All be been saying for years is James wants to win. Winning a ship is important to him. If this is who he choices as HC I’m going to second guess his desire to win vs just putting up stats

18. rockets13champs

It was James desicion