1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Blow it up or run it back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 18, 2020.

?

What would you prefer the Rockets do?

1. Try to make the WB-Harden combo work with a new coach and tweaks

2. Blow it up & rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curious to see what Clutchfans thinks.

Highlyrated likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Blow it up and rebuild. If you can replace the owner, do that, too.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only non-blow it up option I’d be satisfied with is hiring Silas and somehow acquiring Christian Wood

hiring Silas needs to happen regardless of what direction they’re going in, especially if the other option is Lucas

4. HP3

HP3 Member

I really hate to say this but blow it up. Itd be fun to watch Harden go win a ring while we tank. Less investment. Hire Silias, tank and lets just hope we get a number one prospect that is so good, you dont have to be stats illiterate to figure it out, cause that's what our front office is now.

albuster and lloyde8 like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

If tillman refuses to spend we have to blow it up. I hate seeing james prime wasted like this. He deserves better. Id like to see us run it back but we obviously need more around james. How do you win 65 games and on the verge of beating maybe the most talented team of all time to this situation just a couple of years later ? By making ducking the tax a biggern priority than winning it all. It feels like a sinking ship. Free harden, let tillman drown.

6. HROZ

HROZ Member

I'm down for blowing it up.

And seems like everyone else is.

But hope everyone knows blow it up means trading Harden.

albuster, HP3 and lloyde8 like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Now is the time to get a significant haul for Harden.

Get a decent haul for Westbrook.

Then hire JVG and have him install some solid/disciplined brand of basketball back in Houston.

albuster, Roxfan4lyfe and hakeem94 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I do not trust Fertitta family to blow up Rockets team and build a contender.

No one should.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

stupid.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not quite ready to blow it up just yet .... closer to it with Morey gone.

They need a rim running big man that gives you most of what Capela did but doesn't wreck the cap - if he can shoot from outside all the better but that's not a deal breaker so long as you keep Green. He can be your smallball 5 & keep Tucker at the 4.

Another 3D type would be icing on the cake.

IF Tilman is willing to pay the tax , they can fill those voids and put a contender on the court.

They'd most certainly be ~$20m into the tax doing this , all depends upon Tilman being willing to pay the bill for a contender.

If Tilman's not willing to pay the tax he probably isn't willing to live thru a 2-3 year lottery bound team with half empty seats. We'll be stuck with the same sand trap Les had us mired in before Morey pulled a rabbit out of his hat.

Tilman is to the Rockets what OB was to the Texans - a cancer.

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'll retool most likely.

Ego gone this year, WB next.

The new coach wouldn't like a terrible record to start off his tenure with.

Raef Stone doesn't look young, I would imagine putting a younger GM there for a 'total rebuild'.

You'd want more lucrative assets to start one.

#12 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tweak a little thats all you need to do...and let russ work on his shot... if rondo did it russ can do it too...

how many of you would have signed rondo as a significant championship piece before last year?

probably ZERO ... only some 100% nonanalytical old school dude would have vouched for rondo before he smashed rockets shooting 3s and layups

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the players should work hard in the off season to improve themselves. Lebron is already back practicing. The Rockets should add a frontcourt player with the MLE, and give another go. If things aren't working well, trade the 2 stars and the others by the future trade deadline.

D-rock likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, but how they going to know the intensity of workouts, I mean you can only lay it out once you know when the season is going to come back......there is no news by the NBA when, where and how the new season is going to be.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey is a Wizard but only Merlin the Great would have seen it.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I dont think they could really blow it up even if they wanted to. Traded away all our picks with minimal or no protection so there's no point in tanking.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Smart thing: blow it up. These squad is proven to be unproven. Sell high before James becomes even bigger diva, let him win championship in his peak somewhere.

Heart: hire good coach(not happening), spend some to address shortcomings of roster. Get PJ legit sub. Get Center. But I know it won't happen

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tweak it back. Gotta get more girth. Hopefully trading EG can return bigger guys. We need the option to go big when westbrook is off the floor. Play caboclo/nwaba every minute they can handle to gain experience and figure out how they can chip in. Becoming a lock down defensive team would be great because harden can still score at will.

RustyHarden, D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  20. blackistan

blackistan Member

Harden and WB will not win us a ring. Harden needs a superior player alongside himself to get him to championship level because dude is a regular season player not a playoff performer unfortunately. He won't pull off clutch performances and can't carry the squad in crunch time and WB is not someone who can help him get to the top. I'm all for keeping Harden but trading WB and anybody else to retool this squad would be my choice.

Roxfan4lyfe and Highlyrated like this.