1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

This strong rumor came today from the environment of James Harden. According to the source, Harden dont want to hear or discuss a possible Westbrook trade and has made some kind of threat to one of Tilman's sons: "If Russ is not here, I will not be here either."

The source claims Fertita is devoted to Harden, wants Harden on the team at all costs: "He's seriously considering the option of trade Russ, but Harden's reaction has brought talks to a halt."

Another phrases from the source:

"They are quite disoriented, they believe that the new coach will guide the next moves but the problems would come quickly if the new head coah did not have Russ in his plans"

"Lucas has an advantage if we consider that the two great figures of the team would stay focused if he were the new coach"

"The organization is responsible for what is happening, they have let Harden decide the fate of players, they have previously consulted him to carry out roster movements, They fed the beast and now they must endure"

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don’t doubt you have sources but they haven’t been spot on. CP didn’t leave money on the table, Markieff didn’t come and we didn’t win a championship and LeBron still said nah. I agree Harden doesn’t want Russ traded. If you truly have access tell these people that John Lucas would be the worst coaching hire in modern sports. They need to grow some courage and hire a real coach who can implement Russ. Please.

3. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I believe it.

Should've never brought in WB, but Harden couldn't get along with CP.

It was the only way to go.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He's not going to win here anyways. They haven't built a champion here in 25 years. It maybe time for both sides to move on. Let's hire someone with a vision and rebuild. Let Harden chase a ring elsewhere.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

The environment of James Harden? I don’t see any credible source or person in Harden’s environment using phrases like “the 2 great figures of the team.”

your track record is on par with the likes of BasketballRehab and the other Twitter insiders

it’s plausible he could demand a trade since Russ is his best friend, it’s not like that would surprise anybody...I don’t believe u have any sources tho

plausible opinion masked as having insider info

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is where Tillman Fertitta needs to lay the law down and bring his nuts to the table.

That’s right. F James Harden. Trade him. See what we can get for Harden and Westbrook in separate deals. We may end up being a better team when it matters most plus we can escape the old years of both of these players.

I don’t gaf about Harden’s demands. Your not a champion granted your a MVP in the season. If he’s that adamant about having Westbrook on the team then show up when it matters by winning the big games. If your not doing that your expendable unless it’s just about winning enough games every year just merely to stay relevant and justify why you should get paid well.

kgw, DaDakota, REEKO_HTOWN and 9 others like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Even if it were true that’s ok, you’re not getting Lucas James. You’re on your way out, dwights day came, cp3’s came, and yours is about to as well. All you had to do was make it work. You don’t get super max and play with your buddy and compromise this teams future for the next 6 years

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We are not getting passed LeBron and an Anthony Davis team. The warriors are going to upgrade depending on what they do with the 2nd pick. The Mavs are a more balanced team than us right now. Not sure we can upgrade this team unless, Bruno takes his game to a new level.

Roxfan4lyfe and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Despite insider track record, i believe it. Not hard to come up with. Harden wanted WB. They're boys and you don't get star talent in return, so no, Harden's not going to allow a WB trade and yes, he'd demand a trade imo. All this seems obvious. Were riding with these 2 for next few years. Deal with it.

s3ts, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I’d rather sell high and get picks

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I believe this to be a legit rumor if Harden would have now gotten rid of Kevin, Howard, Paul, Lin, Capela, and now Westbrook...the media would murder him...

Highlyrated and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden won’t be a Rocket in 12 months. There isn’t a superstar in the NBA with the ability and at the age James is, that would put up with all the bullshit around this organization.

For as loyal as Harden is, he wants to win and that isn’t happening with Tilman. Harden can go to a number of teams and win a title. Daryl Morey was ran out of time. Tilman didn’t spend the money.

I will be shocked if Harden is here in 12 months. He isn’t stupid, he knows that ownership is a joke and time isn’t on Harden’s time.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

If I'm Harden I tell Tilman either open up your wallet or i'm out of here.

We still have avenues to improve this team drastically if Tilman wants to

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man what is Demarcus Cousins up to?

amaru likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL what avenues?

Matt78777 likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That I believe but James has had his own hand in affairs. Out of the two he deserves better but if he’s asking for Lucas and is already responsible for WB he can’t be completely vindicated.

yes fertita is toxic though

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree with you. He also has a large stake in the current state of the organization...let's not forget that.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

You'd trade WB to get role players back most likely, or expiring, and maybe a middle round pick and protected future 1st that also turns out to be middle round. Make Harden unhappy and accept his trade demand with him having all the leverage that he wants out. He'll want to team up and be on a contender. What picks are going to help us? The team Harden goes to will be good for many more years to come. Harden on a team is guaranteed playoff appearance. The only way to get what you'd like is trading Harden now before the draft to GS for the #2 or a multi-team trade where we get the #1 or minimum #3 + future picks.