1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN 2021 Contenders [Future Power Rankings]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bulkatron, Sep 29, 2020.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider...-rankings-top-10-title-contenders-next-season

Rockets not in Pelton or Marks' top 10 contenders which is why this is in Dish. How insulting - I'm sure we will be a top 10 team, but just hurts that this may be the beginning of the end of the Beard window.

Pelton ranks
    1) Lakers
    2) Clippers
    3) Bucks
    4) Celtics
    5) Heat
    6) Nets
    7) Warriors
    8) 76ers (wtf?)
    9) Nuggets
    10) Mavericks

Marks ranks
    1) Lakers
    2) Bucks
    3) Clippers
    4) Nets
    5) Warriors
    6) Nuggets
    7) Heat
    8) Celtics
    9) Raptors
    10) Mavericks

We need a 17-18 **** you season next year, somehow. Basketball gods, help!

s3ts and daywalker02 like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Two smart guys who aren’t fools and know how destructive Westbrook is capable of being.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yup, sadly. All that's left is irrational hope.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. MrJason

MrJason Member

Well they ain’t wrong.

All those teams are contenders. If rockets fall to the 6th seed in the west then they’re easily out of the top 10

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's those 2's contracts.

One of them or favorably both got to take a minor paycut in order to help the team bolster the roster.

Any way to re-structure their contracts.

Put the ego aside.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

As long as the Lakers have Anthony Davis and Lebron James and those guys are not impacted by injuries come playoffs time, we're looking at a Lakers dynasty of repeats for the next two seasons. I predict Lebron will eventually, after that, just get bored and decide to retire. All the Lakers need is a semi-decent supporting cast around those two guys and they have it made. That's right. I'm predicting a three-peat for the Lakers if AD and LJ are on board the next two seasons. I'd recommend that other players pull a Karl Malone and get in on that...like Dwight Howard has this season.

JumpMan likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

They do this every year. Harden teams always make the playoffs.

Unfortunately they always flame out in fantastic fashion.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'd like to see Harden go to the Lakers and play with AD and LJ. We know they wouldn't win then. ;)

No...I really believe Harden deserves a ring and he's never going to get one in Houston...as hard as he tries. I'd also like to see if those 3 guys could play together at the same time on the court. Maybe at the tail end of his career...he can pull a Dwight/Karl move and just go to the contender...to ensure he gets a ring?

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Unfortunately, this is the truth. This is the script. With LeBron and Davis as a tandem are levels above any other tandem in the league. Couple that with a revolving door of solid role players and the backing of the NBA in possible roster surprises and referees and you have a juggernaut.

saleem likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and it was the tip of the iceberg

Rocket River