1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy thinks Eric Gordon’s game is being dumbed down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Sep 28, 2020.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Interesting read. Last paragraph in the quote for the part on Gordon.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Smart dude. Hates analytics bball and went to like 7 consecutive finals, cant wait to see hate against him yall come up with

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm not sure that I want EG with more responsibility on this team.. Nor should the next team

34to11, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey need to hire iggy as senior trade promotions director

DCHAMP, hakeem94, ak99999 and 3 others like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont think Iggy has ever watched Gordon handle the ball.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The warriors took plenty of mid range shots they just had guys who could hit them.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a moronic post... It's unfathomable the mountain of evidence that has to be disregarded to make this sort of statement, starting with Bill James.

I'm dying to see a team where Eric Gordon shoots mid-range jumpers effectively. :D

D-rock, fckbandwagons, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It would have been nice to allow EG to move more in this offense. His handles are horrible, but I bet if we had a motion offense, EG would look even better than he has in previous years. He's a good finisher and has a decent shot. I love watching Harden play, but of course, I do miss having more motion in our offense.

The results have been in good IMO. I don't measure everything by a championship considering that very few actually win a championship. I watched those Francis/Mobley years, the Yao/Tmac/JVG 70 point game years and the role players/Adelman years, and nothing has brought me more joy than the last few years under Harden, even with the awful playoff games he has had.

I wish I was a die-hard fan during the championship years, I still liked the Rockets, but I was 6 and 7 years old and just didn't understand the game the way I do now. I still cheered and watched them win the championship (I'll never forget the Olajuwon 3 in the 1995 finals), but it's not the same feeling as if they won now that I am fully invested in them.

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The last time he Was the main guy and healthy he dropped 50 on a pretty good Utah.

hakeem94, gfab-babyboi and 18pbr like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@Reeko see, I'm speaking this **** into existence.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You're counting on that?

12. HardenVolumeOne

this

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It shows he’s capable of more than just catch and shoot.

18pbr likes this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It would’ve been interesting to see what type of role Iggy would’ve had here when we wanted him but I don’t honk he was interested in this system. The same way Butler wasn’t

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You arent a smart dude if you hate analytics. Or at least, its not a very smart assertion to have.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not much from mid-range tbh.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2015.html

Each individual player, aside from Shaun Livingston, was hyper optimized to live at the rim or behind the three. Miniscule attempts from mid-range, especially for 2015.

34to11, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly....I do think EG could be better utilized in, he could be amazing coming off screens and cutting. I feel like we can utilize him better. Not on ball though.

hakeem94, Highlyrated and 18pbr like this.
  18. jowman

jowman Member

Fire morey the fish rots from the head down. We are still keeping him around for Almost beating the warriors team 2 years ago.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Bro nobody is obligated to like Iggy. **** Iggy. We all just said the same thing in the "Eric Gordon is Houston best option...." thread. We know analytic haters hate that we have Gordon. He's a high value player that won't be traded for peanuts. Despite narratives.

The numbers speak for themselves. If the numbers are good enough to justify the NBA's biggest stars, and J. Murray's new found stardom then the analytics are good Rockets when use it. Every team has a analytic team now. Rocket's are not doing magic. It's the players interpretation of these stats that are the problem. Seems like they are taking them too literal. Harden at one point used do floaters and alleyoops, pick and rolls. Morey can't force them to not to take these shot just advise on what is best for us percentage wise and try to maximize that. The players and coaches have to make better decisions. Things should get better now that MDA is gone.

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I don't know what players problem with Morey is. I mean I do but.....They talk about knowing their value, yet try to dog Morey for calling them assets? They won't let it go like some little school girls with broken hearts. A lot of these players Morey actually wanted, and probably had no problem paying. Had they performed well and the situation called for it. Iggy is literally on his last leg. Eventually we will go back to regular scheduled 82 games. Lebron will miss season games to "rest" so we won't get to game plan for him until the playoff like this season. Igg will more than likely be injured if we go by his history.

No more meal tickets contracts. Unless you are a absolute star. No more Kelvin Cato contracts. If you are scared of getting traded why not ask for a no trade clause? If these players were as good as they think they are they wouldn't even be in discussion for trade, so theres that.

hakeem94 likes this.