1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021: Best Trade Option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jul 29, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://syndication.bleacherreport....ng-spots-for-magic-star-aaron-gordon.amp.html

Morey should be able to develop a better trade than what is proposed in above article.

3 team trade with IND (EGo, House, Rockets FRP), ORL (Oladipo) and HOU (Aaron Gordon).

ORL receive All Star starter at SG replacing Fournier (or moving him SF or to 6th man, offense off bench). Clifford does not have to hide Oladipo because he is elite 2 way player.

Starters: Vucevic, Isaac, Fournier, Oladipo, Fultz
    Bench: Aminu, Bamba, Ross, Augustin, Okeke

IND get a favorite son back in Eric Gordon, better spacer/3ball shooter and almost as good a defender. Plus a starting caliber wing in Danuel House AND Rockets first round pick.

HOU receives a young starter with hybrid skillset of Amare and Matrix. AG defense plus playmaking and spacing reloads Rockets for championship contention without paying for LT.

Brodie
    Beard
    RoCo
    PJ
    AG

With McLemore, Nwaba, Green and Bruno off the bench. Maybe re-sign Rivers (or Tyler Johnson) and use MLE on Serge Ibaka (unlikely) Aaron Baynes (likely) or split it between Josh Jackson and Harry Giles.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....as-most-interesting-2020-free-agents.amp.html

https://hoopshype.com/2020/01/20/nba-free-agency-2020-the-top-players/

Trading for Jerami Grant or Kelly Oubre will cost too much for Tilly to stomach.

DeBeards, lionaire and Y2JT like this.
  2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Oladipo... for Eric Gordon..

rockets will have to unload a FRP to just get rid of his contract.

aging, injured prone, after a terrible year, just before signing a ridiculous contract.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Aaron Gordon could not be a worse fit here.

4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don’t get the clutchfans obsession with Aaron Gordon. The guy has shot 31.8% from 3 for his entire career, worse than that this year. The entire point of smallball was to surround Russ and Harden with shooters

napalm06, red5rocket, Dacamel and 9 others like this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

6. fattz

fattz Member

Aaron Gordon as a small ball center has appeal. His cost is high but if we can move Eric Gordon there would be room. Here is the problem, Eric Gordon is untradeable on his own and we don’t have the assets left to make happen without including Harden or Covington.

As Rocket’s fans please pray for Eric Gordon to PLAY through his sprained ankle and have several 50 point games in the bubble. Our goal is for Gordon to out shine both Harden and Westbrook. He needs to start and be the focus of our offense.

DeBeards, s3ts, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

would much rather attempt a S&T for Christian Wood or attempt to sign Jerami Grant

#7 Reeko, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

deleted

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Aaron Gordon can hoop but he doesn't help anyone win games. Some players cant bridge playing well to actually contributing to winning basketball. Aaron Gordon is one of those players.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ibaka is the most realistic target.

Jerami Grant and Christian Wood both feel like good targets but long shots.

Myles Turner may be gettable.

I don’t think AG or Horford are realistic but they’ll both be mentioned.

DeBeards, baller4life315 and D-rock like this.
  11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I don’t think Indy trades Oladipo. I can see them trading Turner but I don’t think they would want Gordon in return. Idk who wants Turner. Idk who wants Gordon. I think Gordon will be trades but I don’t think that it will be this offseason or during the 2021 season. Maybe they will be able to move him after next season but idk.

One question that I have about the frp that Houston had to keep due to the CBA is... how long do the Rockets have to retain that draft pick? If someone of value in the draft drops to the Rockets and another team wants that player, then can the Rockets make a trade with that draft pick right away? I’m guessing that the Rockets would have to come to contract terms with the player before he is traded.

DeBeards likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I really like that.

DeBeards and Reeko like this.
  13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Eric Gordon for Al Horford:
    swap of two turrible contracts that help with roster balance

Philly: needs to surround Embiid and Simmons with as many shooters as possible. Since Simmons is running at the 4 now, there is little room for Horford and his massive salary

Houston: Horford is just agile enough to play in our switching defense, is a great spacer as a 5, and would be a great fit in the PnR with Harden

DVauthrin, jiggyfly, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Would LOVE CW. The dude would fit perfectly here.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Horford would work well here. Wish he didn’t have such a massive contract though...

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That would be hilariously like the Knicks trading THJ then re-signing him... except in this scenario the Magic trade a player (Aaron Gordon) they were pairing with Oladipo to get him back...

Not surprising both of these clubs find themselves in pretty similar situations, talent wise, even though Orlando has a brighter future currently with a few solid players that could become stars. (Isaac, Bamba, and hell even Fultz if he straightens out his jumper)

D-rock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

acquiring him would be like a dream come true

he’ll be an unrestricted free agent, so hopefully we can convince him to sign here and get Detroit to come to the table...my top 3 are CW, Ibaka, and Grant in that order

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't see why people would think Indy would want Gordon just cause he's from there regardless of age, health or current ability. I don't see the Rockets actively pursuing Daymean Dotson, Tim Frazier or Wes Iwundu.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I heard MCW played well with Orlando.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same was said about Westbrook. MDA will unlock AG like he has with Jeff, similar length and skillset but AG is younger, bouncier and much better overall defender. Jeff was also criticized for his 3ball. Same with McLemore.

Everyone and their mother doubted and bashed their teeth about Rockets interest in RoCo, Jeff Green, Bruno and Christian Wood too.

Cited past production as reasons not to acquire these players BUT players do not perform the same in MDA system.

Remember how players were able elevate their games playing for Mike - Amare, Diaw, Tim Thomas, Lin, Capela, Luc, EGo, Faried, Westbrook, McLemore, House, etc.