1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni says James Harden is 'ready,' Rockets all-in with small ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

Da Beard be like!!!

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

“All-in on smallball”

That’s good. But, what else could they say?

napalm06, amaru, Dacamel and 2 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Paywall, anyone care to share here? Thanks.

amaru and RudyTBag like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Russy been ready!

[​IMG]

ChrisP likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"You may see more Hartenstein"

buffalobills!!! and napalm06 like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think this suspended season may have been the perfect situation for Harden. Instead of wheezing his way into the playoffs, mentally and physically exhausted, he's had ample time to get in the best shape possible AND to focus on the only real goal: a title.

Granted, every NBA player had that same opportunity, but I think winning a chip means more to James than to just about anyone, since it will shut up some of his doubters. Can't wait to see this play out.

And obviously, Harden winning a "tainted title" makes perfect sense, since it allows morons everywhere (including some here on CF, probably) to continue to trash him.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Post the article. Sheesh what are we rookies?

BigShasta likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My mask is ready.

buffalobills!!! and BamBam like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know that James is all about that taint.

amaru likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Videos and photos of a significantly slimmer James Harden have been making the social-media rounds as the NBA prepares to return.

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said Saturday that the NBA's leading scorer is definitely "ready" and has used a nearly three-month layoff to his advantage.

The Rockets (40-24) last played a game March 10. They will enter the NBA bubble in Orlando, Fla., tied with Oklahoma City for fifth place in the Western Conference and have eight remaining regular-season games before the playoffs begin.

"I know from conversations that (Harden is) ready," D'Antoni said. "But he always is. He loves to play. Probably the worst thing you can do is take basketball away from him. He has used this to recharge, to get in better shape and still always has that incredible fire that will lead him to be one of the best in the game, which he is. Yeah, I'm excited about that."

D'Antoni believes the extended pause should also benefit veterans Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker.

"I'm excited about Eric Gordon getting healthy — he's healthy," D'Antoni said. "P.J. maybe recharging. We have a tendency to overwork him, so he's able to recharge and be in great shape."

Harden's outdoor and indoor workouts have helped fill the NBA's on-court Twitter void during the break.

But the largest lingering question for D'Antoni's team: Will the 2019-20 Rockets still be devoted to small ball when they return in Orlando?

"It's pretty evident we've gone all in," D'Antoni said laughing. "It's like, no, we're in. It's changed a little bit, only in that it gives us time to go through a training camp, more or less — about the same time, actually, so a training camp. And getting on the same page as good as we can. We were confident even before that we were on the right track. Now, being on the right track and winning it all, sometimes they're different. But I think this gives us the best chance that we can do it, and now that we're able to expand the playbook and get people on the same page. ... It's going to come down to can we maximize what we have and is it enough? You don't know until you get in the competition."

JoeBarelyCares, Deuce, fattz and 4 others like this.
  12. rocketseagles07

Ehhhhhh... I just don’t believe we can beat LAL(yes I’m aware of the regular season) with small ball.

Either way I’m happy as hell basketball is back

amaru likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Way to talk about your other star that helped you beat the Lakers and Celtics when your first guy was not feeling it.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Last thing nba need is Category 4 hurricane to land on Orlando.

I guess the astronauts in Florida gonna get nba entertainment!

16. macan

macan Member

skinny Harden is the best Harden

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Way to pick nits.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont like exclusively playing small ball at all... but realistically this is prob our best shot at winning it all... bc we wont be going into the playoffs gassed from MDA overrunning guys in the lengthy reg season...

welp... either we win it all - or move on from MDA...

19. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

MDA: We are all in Small ball

Tyson and Hartenstein: Looks like we are still quarantined

buffalobills!!!, kjayp and amaru like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Meh will never understand these PR piece filled with general praise and positivity, since rarely people share something new or insightful. Still the rest definitely helps us and this might be the perfect chance to win it all.

kjayp and amaru like this.