1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 reasons Thunder will beat Rockets in 2020 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

https://clutchpoints.com/3-reasons-thunder-will-beat-rockets-in-2020-nba-playoffs/

"This series against Houston presents itself as another underdog narrative for the Thunder. They have thrived in this very position all season long, and it would not be a complete shock if this team is able to beat the odds yet again. It is all mental at this point.

The Thunder are a young side — led by a a future Hall of Famer in Paul — who will be playing without too much pressure. Not many are expecting them to win anyway, and perhaps this is exactly the position they want to be in.

Aside from the narrative, both these squads are extremely talented, with players capable of taking over the game (and the series) at any given time. Their differences in style will also be a major factor in this match-up, which just adds further appeal to what should be a very competitive series."

Lots of articles coming out about the match ups. Thunder look to have a pretty nice rotation with solid players defensively and offensively, and right now without westbrook this could be a big challenge for houston. Rockets once again will have to rely on Harden taking over games to win. Ive seen this narrative in playoffs before. I was looking at the matchups, and boy Harden is gonna have to play insane to win these games.

Westbrook will be slow coming back from injury. Going to be a first tough round, last year we had that 6th man in the crowd to get thru the jazz. I just hope things dont get out of hand here. With the Mr Underdog thing going on etc.... Good luck Rockets, hope we can get Westbrook back if no less later than the 24th, i seriously doubt we will drop 3 straight with okc without WB.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock, Clutch and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

CP = Garbo site flooding news feeds with clickbait

ParaSolid and DeBeards like this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya i probably worded it wrong my apologies. But i think it does have a good narrative on thunder being underdog and giving houston run for the money, but yes i do have faith harden gonna be there for Houston, even without WB, we should win series 4-2. But lets hope some sort of tactic is not implemented with Billy D and it goes to 7 lol.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will watch their midrange.

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

But lets hope some sort of tactic is not implemented with Billy D

What i meant by this was if they get Harden in foul trouble we are screwed.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

It's changed into a mind-game

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

With Westbrook out, the Thunder legitimately may have 4 of the top 5 players in the series with Paul, Schroeder, SGA, and Gallinari.

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

That’s why the game is not played on paper

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

:rolleyes: my god...I guess CF wants to speak this series L into existence

no confidence in the team whatsoever...cool, I’m taking note

I’ll be out here heavy if the Rockets win, believe that

D-rock likes this.
  11. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I think you're selling our guys a bit short.

IMO

Harden
    Paul
    Gallinari
    Covington
    Gordon(healthy)
    SGA
    Shroeder

pr0wler likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well since Ego is STILL not any good until proven otherwise, he most definitely is not better than SGA, schoeder, or even Adams. therefore, advantage thunder. james can only do so much.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is McLemore the best shooter in this series?

pr0wler, Bobbythegreat and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gallo pretty good too.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think we'll win the series...

but If we lose it will be bc we got our butts kicked on the boards - and gave up too many easy buckets at the rim...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets lose it's because Rockets did not win in these 3 areas: TOV, FT, 3P

In 4 games. Not very likely.

As for rebounding, impact is negligible.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eric Gordon has been one of the worst players in the NBA this season, relative to expectations/salary. Healthy or not, he's nowhere near one of the best players in this series.

Covington has the potential to be up there, but he's too much of an offensive liability right now. Need him to bounce back in a big way if we're going to win.

D-rock likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Here's hoping Ben can go allstar in this series. Hes pretty decent player was a 7th round pick out of Kansas should get way more touches and drive plays.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm so pissed at how people underrate these Rockets in favor of CP.

Chris Paul never won anything, even while having an MVP on the same exact squad.

Lets say CP and the OKC beat the Rockets in the first round... Again, you POS CP lovers, that's a low bar.

What does he want again? A championship. Will he get it? Not unless he can settle for a role that's 3rd best on a championship roster. Currently he isn't, and thus he will not win it with the Thunder.