1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Vivi likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

KD has some REAL issues.
    What a fragile personality

Sajan, tmoney1101, ak99999 and 8 others like this.
  3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Signing Irving without a #1 star is a huge fail for Brooklyn.

Irving couldn't do much with a more talented Boston team.

Going to fail with Nets unless they get a Durant

da_juice, BigShasta and Vivi like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Knicks and Nets both are cursed with the awful talent that comes through the NY sewers.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

They’re gonna.go for Durant.next

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, man, I'm not really sure Irving is better than Russell...

I mean, maybe not talent wise but one is 23 and the other is 27 (and oft hurt and is a robin) and one just had a breakout year and has basically improved every year...

At some point you have to run your team, not let Durant run it.

#6 JayGoogle, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    RocketWalta, da_juice and BigShasta like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the obvious play here.
    It would be amazing that the Knicks keep getting screwed over. The Knicks just need to concentrate on rebuilding with Barrett and young talent and stop dreaming of free agents

Sajan, Vivi and malakas like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D'Angelo should get more offers, dude is 23 and ballin'.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Man, I’m so ambivalent about this one. I understand that Kyrie is a better player than Russell at this point, but Russell is still growing/improving and he’s really been such a shining example of the Nets’ culture that it feels like a shame to let him go right at the precipice of him becoming great. I really hope Kyrie embraces the Nets’ culture...

da_juice likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Durant wants to pick a team without understanding the teams 3-5 year direction?

This dude.

da_juice, juanm34 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Durant doesn't go to the Nets they are basically screwed.

They go from having a future to simply not having one. Kyrie alone ain't leading them anywhere except to a few lotteries.

I mean I like Levert and Dinwiddie and Allen but I see them as amazing roleplayers to have on a team, nothing more.

#11 JayGoogle, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it's more that KD doesn't want to be influenced on who may or may not come. This sounds like the mindset of the people who say that the "90s stars wouldn't team up to win titles, unlike the soft NBA of today" or whatever.

Granted, KD DID already do that with GSW. But I think KD is trying to shed the label, even though it's impossible.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. If I were the Nets, I'd actually rather try to get Durant to sign first, than committing to Kyrie first. I'd also keep Russell over Kyrie, because they're basically the same player, but Russell is more "homegrown" than Kyrie would be.

da_juice and JayGoogle like this.
  14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'd take Kyrie over DA. Once he gets a fat contract who knows how good DA is going to be (ask CP3), but for Kyrie he has a chip on his shoulder because he will not get a retirement jersey in Cavs, or Celtics.

15. yoeddy

It all depends on how much Kyrie buys into Atkinson and Marks. Kyrie is an upgrade over Russell in terms of pure athleticism and skills, and if he signs for 4 years, the Nets have some time to add another superstar next year. I mean, no one is really sure how Durant will be next year anyways with his injury.

LeVert has the potential to get to that level...but he has to stay healthy.

16. yoeddy

Kyrie is a much better pure athlete than Russell, and he can get to the rim much better, too. From a talent and athleticism perspective, I have no doubt Kyrie is better than Russell. But Russell’s playmaking might be better...hard for me to judge that since I’ve watched Russell a lot more than I have Kyrie.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys, Kyrie is soooooooo much better than DeAngelo, who was often times not even better than Spencer Dinwiddie.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

No doubt Kyrie is better than Russell at the moment, but...idk. I just feel like Russell can improve his game while Kyrie probably can't.

Add to that the injury history, the locker room issues, the off-court philosophies about flat earthing, terrible interviewing skills, etc. He's still young and still really good, but I dunno if all that outweighs the cons. Especially if you can't get a second star.

JayGoogle and ghettocheeze like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, CP3 is like 34 years old though. He's been balling for his entire career under massive contracts so it's not fair to say that about him. He's going to go down as one of the best PGs to ever play the game.

as for Kyrie, the problem is alone he doesn't really do much. The Cavs were crap before Lebron came back. He didn't affect their winning and a big problem is he's only had 3 seasons where he's played over 70 games.

Kyrie can't be your main guy.

I also think he gets retired by the Cavs, he won their only championship. It stings how he left them but they'll forgive that.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I think it's silly to say Dlo is better than Kyrie right now but...to me this is about who will be better 4 years from now and I think Dlo was on a trajectory to be a better player and funny enough...a better leader than Kyrie and better teammate.

I really do like LeVert but without Durant I think the Nets are a lotto team. Kyrie is going to miss about 20 games as he does every year and can the Nets handle that, are they talented enough to do so? I'm not so sure because Dlo played the entire season last year.