1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

23 year old engineer shot for no reason

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KaiSeR SoZe, Aug 20, 2010.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

This is just sad.

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/08/kyser_miree_begged_for_life.html

2. dback816

dback816 Member

Trash, all 4 of them.

Hope the justice system does its job.

3. HombreDeHierro

Never said why he just opened the door like that...

Surely an engineer is a smart guy...no real world skills?

4. HombreDeHierro

Double post, but....

I'm telling my parents to keep a shotgun at the house.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Terribly sad, and my sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the victim. Bur your thread title is a bit inaccurate: he wasn't shot for no reason, he was shot in an attempted burglary. "Shot for no reason" makes it sound like someone just walked up to him on the street some day and just randomly shot him. This was far worse, IMHO, since the break in was obviously a premeditated crime. Throw the book at 'em!

6. The Real Shady

Anti-Engineerite

7. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

not a thread i should have opened to start a day .............. :(

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

There could be a lot of factors. He might have lived in a good neighborhood and probably didn't expect anything like that to happen. From what I've seen, people who live in good areas of the city, seem to get too comfortable in their surroundings. But as we should know, criminals don't discriminate and everyone can be vulnerable to crime.

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

I work for Chevron. I wonder if this will make it in the company newsletter.

What a terrible crime.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Yea...this is why I don't answer my door on cold knocks. If I don't know you are coming, then you shouldn't be at my door. You will be treated like a shunned solicitor almost all of the time. The simple fact is 95% of the time I answer my door on a cold knock...it is a solicitor. Granted, I could be missing an important knock like "your house is on fire!" but I would rather not encounter some lowlife(s) ready to shoot me for no reason or barge in my house. Plus, I have one of those doors with the fancy glass so it's not like I can see who it is ahead of time and I'm not going to play games like "I don't know you...go away". Just piss off is the way I treat it. It's unfortunate it's come down to not being able to trust who is at your door but that is what society has become with people opening their door and getting shot. Bunch of damn lowlifes out there.

The only issue with that is it could be someone looking to rob your house and doing a cold knock to see if anyone is home. Then, they try to break in thinking noone is home.

You can't win either way basically.

11. jcee15

jcee15 Member

First this is messed up, no denying, I value life so much that I avoid stepping on ants, ****ing senseless........ shooter gets death, other 3 life w/ no parole.

Second, agreed on the shotty, I have one and my mom has 2, one at the front door like a muthaeffin umbrella, wish they tried that **** at my house, chick chick boom, chick chick boom. That's if they get past the 2 sweetest pits in the world ;)

#11 jcee15, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

sorry to hear but why is this story thread worthy?

Innocent people die every day.

13. Southern Select

I hope the shooters were not hurt at all when they were arrested. THAT would be the true crime.

14. jcee15

jcee15 Member

Not after you bust your ass to get where you are in life,* assumption from article*, only to get snubbed cause your roommate was followed home after getting some petty cash.
    I've started waaaay more non-thready threads here, lol.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

very sad and man, i hope those aholes get what's coming to them...

16. Blake

Blake Member

Yeah, why start a thread to clutter this forum when there are gems like "hottest girl on entourage" and "how often do you use internet on your phone"?

1 person likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Get an intercom doorbell thingy that rings your house phone. Then you can "answer" the door from another room without even walking up to the front door. If you don't like what they have to say, tell them to beat it. If you know them, then you can go to the door.

(We have this, its pretty nice, especially for annoying sales people)

18. jcee15

jcee15 Member

What if you're friend was cloned into a sales midget,(with a normal person's voice, not the "help me, help me, I'm a midget",voice) being inherently evil, he would get in and reap the rewards of cloning a regular person into a midget, leaving you scuffed up and belittled :p

Unless of course your friend is a midget in which case that is your fault, fool me once playa.

19. weslinder

weslinder Member

A couple of people I worked with at CITGO left for jobs in the same refinery. I'm sure they knew him.

Side note: Did anyone notice the lawyer's name? I'm sure that gets respect.

20. A00man

A00man Member

I hope all 4 get the death penalty and burn in hell. Bunch of low life scums. Stories like this piss me off! :mad: