1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Rockets Summer League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 15, 2022.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Green should definitely not be playing in summer league. But it wouldn't hurt to be there to support the rookies. if he's not there tonight, he could show up on one of the other nights.

edit: after reading more, he's there in LV. no big deal at all.

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

BTW this is untrue. I was skeptical of jalen, happy that he turned it around, and rooting hard for him to keep improving - which includes working out with his new teammates, which I'm eager to see

eliefor3 likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm one who's really high on Christopher too .... Currently my favorite Rocket.

I think he eventually earns a starting role in the NBA, it just may not be here with the Rockets and we'll probably regret not keeping him.

@Williamson

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

damn bro relax. you're on here going 3-5+ posts in a row repeatedly. at least use the edit feature or collect your thoughts first

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm just replying, isn't that how this works? There's like 5 people talking at me. Like, don't @ me if you don't like it lol

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Josh Christopher Explosion is the name of my band. We're really big in Azerbaijjan (but don't try to confirm this). You know I'm here for it.

Corrosion, snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

It's wise for JG to sit SL out. We can't be having tape on legs again. Not in the summer league ;):confused::D

BigM, robbie380, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That is mighty big of you but truthfully I don't want him practicing with mainly scrubs and risk getting hurt. I am sure he does plenty of individual workouts and he will have the training camp to get used to his new teamates

9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

None of the top picks are playing in SL. Ant didn't play last year either

red5rocket and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Is anyone asking jalen to play???

Feigan tweeted out all the players that showed up to shoot around including kpj, sengun, tate and all the guys from last year. I asked where is jalen. Cue the fking mob. Who said anything about playing?

Also btw giddey is playing, which is atypical and not something I want jalen to do

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Wasn't even talking to you

12. dmoneybangbang

No.... but you jumped to conclusions about him not even being on the bench to support his teammates in game to be played this evening....

red5rocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's something entirely made up by DoD. He wasn't at shootaround while all the other rockets were, that's what I was referring to, no jumping to conclusions

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Garuba?

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's good. Who the hell are you talking to then cuz no one is asking him to play

16. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

It's one thing to ask where is Jalen. It's another thing to say where is the supposed franchise player, #jabarixsengun, Jalen is busy getting his nails done etc. I can keep going. Oh yeah guess what? Sengun, Cade, Franz, Suggs are all not playing. Ant didn't play last year either. They have nothing to prove playing against borderline NBA players.

red5rocket and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Nah you said "why isn't he cheering his teammates on the sideline" when the game hasn't even happened yet lol. your post is up for all to see. that's where you started going a little overboard.

and you can also put multiple quotes in one post if you were wondering

although I did think your painted nails joke was kinda funny

18. thekad

thekad Member

Lmao @CXbby took an L and is still digging.

relax

19. dmoneybangbang

No.... anyone can back and see what you said and the context of it.

red5rocket and TriumVirate like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

I asked "where is jalen" in response to feigan's list of players at shootaround.

Someone gave a hypothetical answer that he may not be at sl because they don't want to risk injury (even though I never asked for him to play). My response was even if he's not playing he can still cheer his teammates on the sidelines.

I understand that he could and hopefully will be at the game tonight. I never asked why isn't he at the game tonight. I asked where is jalen when everyone else was at shoot around. It's like I'm speaking Cantonese in here