1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Im just meming man.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and HP3 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2023/07/25/whats-next-roster-move-utah-jazz/

“That’s why I suspect that, despite the full roster, the Jazz are going to continue to be active in trade conversations for the rest of the year — heck, all the way through the trade deadline in 2024.”

… “At the point guard position, though, there are more limited obvious options. I suppose the Jazz could trade for 19th-ranked D’Angelo Russell, but he found his way out of major playoff minutes by the conference finals last year. Maybe 24th-ranked Kevin Porter Jr. is a young option, but is not exactly a team-first player. I don’t like those choices.”

slothy420 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

This trade makes zero sense. They are the same thing.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Didn't Utah just extend the "fewer locker room problems" version of KPJ, Jordan Clarkson?

But sure, if they want to send us a FRP, they can have him as far as I'm concerned

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

Mathloom likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Porter’s contract is like gold. Not the same thing at all.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Houston Rockets have signed Joshua Obiesie to an Exhibit 10 training camp contract. Obiesie has played the last six seasons for teams in Germany.

The 6-foot-6 wing played last year for the Fraport Skyliners. He averaged 12.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 24 minutes per game off the Fraport bench. Obiesie turned 23 years old in May.

The Rockets have an open two-way spot on their roster. Obiesie could be converted to a two-way deal before the end of the preseason in October.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like those Nix Obese names.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...s-weigh-wembanyama-mvp-race-2023-24-favorites

9. Which team had the worst offseason?

Toronto Raptors: 5 votes
    Philadelphia 76ers: 4 votes
    Miami Heat: 2 votes
    Chicago Bulls: 1 vote
    Houston Rockets: 1 vote
    Phoenix Suns: 1 vote
    Washington Wizards: 1 vote

The voters were split into two categories: those who didn't like teams that stood pat, and those who didn't like the moves that teams did make.

Toronto led the way after losing Fred VanVleet to the Rockets in free agency. "You can't lose Fred for nothing," an East executive said.

Philadelphia lost Georges Niang to Cleveland, has made minimum-level moves and is now dealing with the Harden situation, while Miami lost its starting backcourt from last season's run to the NBA Finals in Vincent and Max Strus and is waiting to see how the Lillard situation shakes out.

The choices of Houston and Phoenix, on the other hand, were votes against the Rockets' adding two more high-volume, low-efficiency shooters in VanVleet and Dillon Brooks, and the Suns' Bradley Beal trade, as a top-heavy team became more so.

10. What was the most surprising move of the offseason?

The Smart-Porzingis trade: 7 votes
    CP3 to the Warriors: 4 votes
    Houston's signings: 4 votes

After a yearslong rivalry between Paul and the Warriors, the two sides joined forces after CP3 was rerouted from Washington to Golden State in a deal for Poole in June.

"I just wondered if they would go with the older group or mix it up," an East executive said. "They have clearly decided to go with the older group until the wheels fall off."

There was a similar level of shock when it came to the Smart-Porzingis swap in June, as the Celtics -- after reaching at least the East finals in five of the past seven seasons -- moved on from the heart and soul of their team.

But tying it in the voting was the combination of the VanVleet and Brooks signings in Houston. In the case of Brooks, it was him getting a far bigger contract -- at four years and up to $90 million -- than anyone expected. For VanVleet, it was not only the deal he got from Houston, but that Toronto wound up losing him for nothing.

"They're stuck in the middle," an East executive said of the Raptors.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Angles matter.

They were so bad at shooting last year that it can only get better, the same with the regular season record.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Lol. Essentially a ton of late 1st round picks for one of the best players of the last 20 yrs. As a guy living in Portland, I reject the supposed inevitability of Dame to Miami trade. He’s been well compensated over the years. The team needs to come first, not the player. Stand your ground Portland!

…but if they get fleeced I’m fine from a rockets perspective. Just don’t like cementing the precedent of player power over the team.

joshuaao, Dobbizzle and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is odd other teams are stalled and not making any type of deals.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Probably time to make a new thread for the current season ....

Never saw Dame to Milwaukee coming .... They had to do something to keep Giannis happy.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao good one, I went outside for a stroll. :)

I do think he will go into FA in 2 years and end up in Miami.

[​IMG]

19. ipaman

ipaman Member

Jrue is avail if we want to replace KPJ with a proven, winning, vet.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Amel likes this.