1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 28, 2018.

?

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 1, 2018.
  1. Warriors in 4

36.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

36.0%
  3. Warriors in 6

8.8%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Cavs in 7

4.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

4.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.8%
  8. Cavs in 4

4.0%
  9. I'm not watching the NBA Finals

2.4%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

He was absolutely moving and there is nothing subjective about it. The only part that is deceiving is how quick lebron can move.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

MEGALIKE!

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And it’s still only supposed to be reviewed if he was inside the circle...obvious he wasn’t.

**** the warriors **** the refs

fallenphoenix likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, now watch Love get suspended for game 2 for casually standing on the floor.

BigShasta and fallenphoenix like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

6. KingsFanSince85

Then why does former long time NBA ref Steve Javie disagree with you? That's precisely the point. Considering that you have so many divided opinions on it -- including referees themselves -- that makes it a subjective call.

Javie stated that it was a charge AFTER watching the replay. You obviously feel differently than Javie or myself (and many others) which is fine. But don't tell me there's nothing subjective about it. On that point I believe you are wrong.

To be clear, I'm not saying that it was clearly a charge and not a block. I'm saying that it is subjective and the call made on the court should have stood --- even if that call had been ruled a block instead of a charge.

That said, LBJ beat him to the spot and was outside the restricted zone. Was he still moving a bit? Yes, but that doesn't automatically make it a block. We see that same exact play stand as a charge many, many times throughout the season. The reverse is true too, which circles back to my original point about it being subjective.

The only thing you can determine conclusively from that type of bang bang play is whether the player was in the restricted zone or not. I don't like that they've given the review booth the latitude to overturn the rest of the play based upon subjective opinion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Member

It's not reviewable, as Royce Young and Ty Lue say in the tweets posted two pages ago. He's 2' outside the arc...and he was actually never inside it, either.

12. Restricted Area Block/Charge
    Referees may review block/charge calls when they are not reasonably certain as to whether the defender was inside or outside of the restricted area during the last two minutes of the fourth period and overtime.​

Two refs had unimpaired views of the restricted area. One of them has the job to look for that. It's like checking a 27' three pointer to make sure he was behind the line. Not close. So weird that Mike Breen says he's in the restricted area.

[​IMG]

It's like Brothers called them together and asked:

Malloy: I saw it. He was outside
    Maeur: Honestly, I don't know. I was looking at contact and called the charge
    Brotthers; Well, I was too far away and couldn't tell. That's 2 uncertains against 1 certain. We better review it.
    Malloy: Dude, he was outside.
    Brothers: Duly noted. But Ken and I are uncertain. Let's check to make sure. [To himself: then I can change the call, if I want.]​

#347 heypartner, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    adw, JayGoogle, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  8. dischead

dischead Member

NBA is a joke now. So obviously rigged.

buffalobills!!!, adw and roslolian like this.
  9. BackdoorHarden

How does Tony Brutha get to keep his jobs....SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

AFFIRMATI
    VE

ACTION????

HOT ANAL ACTION

I DONT UNDRSTAND SHIIIIIIIIt
    Dan Gilbert

@cavsdan

And 4th, for 4 years in a row...

Ty Lue and staff have stood in there with about as much noise and premature judgment that can be thrown at a coach and guided us back to the dance. Grinders and professionals. Proud of Ty and everE

roslolian likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

For LeBron to consider Houston, I was hoping for a Warriors' sweep. Got pretty nervous that CLE might win towards the end, but James' role players completely failing him in crunch time (missed go-ahead free throw, forgetting the score) could convince him to go elsewhere

11. BackdoorHarden

ROFL> hot rear action

12. KingsFanSince85

^^ Yeah, if it wasn't already bad enough this makes it worse. It wasn't even close to the restricted area. Your 27' three analogy is a good one.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

You don't think Javie is a plant by the NBA to make bad calls seem not so bad? The anti-JVG if you will.

ralphabetsoup and BigShasta like this.
  14. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Charge, no question.

15. KingsFanSince85

Well, considering that his disagreed with the overturn --- I'd say no. That made it worse.

16. KingsFanSince85

Then why is their so much disagreement?

You'd think that something that was 'no question' would be one sided or unanimous.

One could easily counter and say "non-reviewable play, no question" based upon the rule. But we all know how that turned out....

17. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

9/10 that play gets called a charge guarantee. After what's been happening with officiating, I am not surprised this call happened that way it did.

On a side note, KD even talked about it in his post game presser, something similar like this happened to him in a past game as well.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One rare OT.

19. KingsFanSince85

Well, I just respectfully disagree. I see plays like that ruled and upheld as charges quite often over the course of a long season. I really don't believe it's anywhere close to 9 out of 10 from my POV. But it's much ado about nothing cause it got changed whether fans like it or not.

Regardless, JR Smith could have given the Cavs another chance at an outright W and botched it.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This game went down like the movie infinity war when they tried to handle Thanos. LeBron is Thor and Jr.smith is Starlord (useless pos that sabotaged everything)