1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-16] Luis Scola

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

A full page with no "he look OK" meme?!? This is blasphemy!

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

26 mpg isn't really regular starter minutes. But he is still a solid rotation guy. I am surprised he develops a 3pt shot this late in his career.

Yep. A good rebounder with very little hop and quickness. Scola is all effort and technique.

He is not much of a defensive big because of lack of height and speed, not because of laziness.

The dude never quits. He plays hard even when the game is out of reach.

1 person likes this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

T R U E V E T E R A N L E A D E R S H I P

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/scola-to-raptors-teammates-we-havent-done-anything-yet/

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody accused him of not trying hard.

5. BleedsRocketRed

Easily one of my favorite Rockets ever. Almost every player from that team run has a place in my heart.

Such great memories even though they didn't bring home the goods. What a great TEAM

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

I have three Rockets jerseys; Luifa, Dream and Dwert. I only regret one of those decisions. Working on getting a yao one though.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey was dumb for not chasing Luis this summer.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like that one memory... against the Spurs. A play is drawn up for Yao to take a FT line jumper but he finds Scola under the basket instead - for the win. Good times. Then we cut him for no reason, lulz.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wasn't it so that we could afford Dwight?

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

or the guy could compare Scola's efforts to the mish mash of PFs we've had since we cut him. Did any of them play that much better D than Luis?

maybe he didnt have the best lateral movement on D, but at least he got in the way. Can anyone say that about D-Mo, Jones, Patterson, Morris or anyone else who started more than a handful games at the PF spot? NO

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And as flat footed as he is, he can rebound better than all of them.

12. conquistador#11

viva luifa! the south remembers!

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damn Luis, did you see the highlights of his 1st quarter?! 3 threes, a dunk, a steal..the guy is still a beast. So happy we get to see him in a few rounds in the play-offs along with Kyle.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rs_zDXiwzIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How I wish we had him in the rotation. We'd have a better record, that's for damn sure.

VIVA SCOLA!!

16. YourSecretLover

those raptor teams remind me of rocket team a couple of years ago

lowry, scola, ppat, etc.

17. Duncan McDonuts

I remember meeting him about 6 years ago on New Years Eve at the Aquarium in downtown. As my date and I were exiting, I look to my left and see Scola sitting on the bench with his family. I do a double take and can't believe my eyes, so I go over and say hi and ask how the game was. He said we won, and I jokingly asked if he got a triple double and Scola laughed.

I wish I could've taken a pic with him, but he was with his wife and newborn so I didn't want to disturb him more. I was more appalled that he was waiting in the reception and the Aquarium didn't give him VIP service.

One of my favorite Rockets ever.

1 person likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Member

A rebirth in Toronto! I'm really happy for Luis. I wish he was playing like this in Houston right now.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I'll go to my grave never understanding this. His game was entirely built on hustle and bball IQ, yet he was a terrible defender. I just don't get it. It's like his grit turned off at the halfcourt line. And I LOVED Scola. Such a mystery.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Guys are quicker and was he never that bad, just against bigger and more athletic guys. Not sure how he's doing in Toronto, haven't watched enough games. Just crazy how he's shooting 38% from three and it came out of nowhere. He shot a combined 10 threes in his previous 8 years! Now he's shot 49 out of 128.