1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. hanz

hanz Rookie

Many people would pay to watch it though. I like Lin but kobe`s bootcamp would probably make him tougher.

2. Zboy

Zboy Member

Lin is in Kobe's bootcamp. When you go on the Lakers, that's what you are going through.

And no, it has not made him any tougher. He is mentally fragile and dwells too much on his mistakes. He needs to adapt Swag's mentality: Not a single **** was given.

You heard of all the talk from Kobe and Lin at the beginning of the season.... Its all quiet on that front now.

PS. Kobe playing point against the Cavs. 17 assists. He can get 10+ assists every night if he wanted to. He is a very good passer. Dumbass just shoots too much. Hard to kill old habits.

#5782 Zboy, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

LOL Lin is playing scrubbish minutes these days. He must look pathetic in training to get just 14 minutes like last night on one of the worst teams in the league and almost half what a career scrub journeyman like Price is getting.

In before Scott is racist and Kobe is racist and they are marginalizing Lin because they're jealous. He just isn't what the Lin fans make him out to be.

4. Zboy

Zboy Member

Lin scored twice on Matthew Dellavedova last game.

That might be the end of Dellavedova's career.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

I just came here to see how many LOHs are still standing.

*nod *nod I see you.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Member

Lin keeps them alive and feel like living again. I can't blame them.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

Zboy and myself are talking about the game last night and here we have some folks going off topic and taking jabs.

So back to the topic - Why did Lin only get 14 minutes last night backing up a career journeyman scrub?

8. Kay

Kay Member

Is this a rhetorical question or you are too dumb to figure it out?

9. redearth

redearth Member

At what point does Lin get his turn to be called a career journeyman scrub?

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

So...you are saying they actually love Lin, just don't know about it...:eek:

11. FTW Rockets FTW

I'm serious. I have heard the same BS reasons - Lin being marginalized by Scott, Kobe hating Lin etc etc.

Perhaps you could give me a basketball related reason?

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

The reason for the jabs you guys get is that you are actually talking about the subject truthfully. you use real stats and you are definitely smarter they are.

they cannot accept the truth.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

Where were you guys a few games ago, when this thread was buried in the 2nd page? :rolleyes:

Nevermind, keep trolling.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

I think it is true Kobe doesn't like Lin. Scott is just a puppet that listens to whatever Kobe says.

Lin as a backup in LA is the same reason as he was a backup in Houston. Inconsistent and subpar defense. Bev just fit much better with Harden. Problem is he actually gets minutes running the 2nd unit here, and was decent at doing that, but not given the minutes in LA.

Lin seemed have stitched 7,8 decent games together, which I find impressive. He was quite up and down late Nov and most Dec, last two weeks he's been pretty consistent, but Scott doesn't add minutes I don't quite know why. Most reasonable guess is Kobe doesn't like Lin and wants him to be traded. So we will see by the trade deadline.

1 person likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Anyone else with one reputation bar have a rational fear of getting any more reps increasing them to two bars? Two bars = Jeremy Lin status

3 people like this.
  16. Coach Chris

Coach Chris Member

He isn't good enough to beat out Price.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Repped, sadly you're still no Jerry Lin.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Just need 7 more points. Bring it! ;)

2 people like this.
  19. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

This. Bev was a better fit, but by no means was Lin a bad leader of the 2nd unit for Houston bench.

And we can agree that our team is better than the crappy lakers team by a mile. If he was getting minutes here, and isn't getting minutes at a much worse team, I don't think its purely basketball reasons for the reduction in his minutes.

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

Three bars is worse for reputation...it is Chandler Parsons status.

Oh, and Parsons is offended.

1 person likes this.