1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011-2012 OKC Thunder vs. 2001-2002 Sacramento Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by underrated015, May 13, 2012.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I know okc has more stars but which team is better?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kings. One of the best offense I have seen and Rick adelman would have easily out-coached Scott Brooks.

OKC has better individual players in Durant, Harden and Westbrook but they are nowhere as cohesive as the Kings were. The Kings had incredible chemistry, great passers (Divac & webber), and some amazing outside shooters (Bibby, Bobby Jackson, and Peja). Their one weakness was that two of their best players (Webber & Peja) were also two of the best chokers in NBA history. However, they would have pulled apart over 48 minutes.

They were a well-oiled machine and were robbed of a championship by the blatantly biased referring in game 7 against the Lakers.

#2 Zboy, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kings easily.

4. val_modus

val_modus Member

Kings were robbed of a ring.

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

For those who haven't seen it. Go watch "The Greatest Tragedy in Sports" its on youtube and it encompasses the referees work to rig the series in favor of the Lakers. Part 6 and the second half of part 7 will really open your eye to how much a ref crew can really impact a playoff series, hit me up if you guys see or have seen this

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

The entire first 3 minutes of part 6 shows all the evidence you need lol at Scott Pollard's 6th foul!!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Adelman would have to come to us as a championship coach.....
    Alexander would be under more pressure because he let him go.

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Forget the Thunder

The Kings would beat the Miami Heat this year

Webber would destroy Bosh, Divac againist Joel Anthony( hahah)

Bibby would own Chalmers

Doug Christie would have his hands full with Wade( especially if the refs call ticky-tack fouls). But other than Lebron the Heat dont really DOMINATE any other matchup on the floor

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Webber alone would create havoc for Lebron, KD, or any of these elite players. That Kings team was handling possibly the most dominant team of our time (Kobe/Shaq Lakers).

I love OKC but they would not beat out Adelman's Kings unless the refs helped the opposing team again.

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kings. so well balanced and the bench was deep. they were also surprisingly a pretty good defensive team.

12. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

OKC in 7

Sorry i had to bump

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think its "NBA on NBC" broadcasting doing some of that. Look at almost any past NBC game and they seem a little more "charged" for some reason.

ABC does a nice job. The Finals last year was a good one. But NBC just knew how to bring the game out a little better.

14. ThaShark316_28

Couldn't disagree more. Pre-dimmed lights, Staples was LIVE.

15. ThaShark316_28

I mean, maybe you're right...I'll do some research myself. But I feel like Staples Center was more loud and upbeat when, for example, POR blew that 15 pt lead in Game 7...or this game that was posted....compared to the last half-decade.

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

40-25 Free throw advantage for the Lakers, 6 FTs on intentional fouls. Is 9 free throws while home court really that bad. SMH. Just Laker hater clinging on to dumb sht

17. nolenium

nolenium Member

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. No one's "clinging" onto anything - anytime those Kings teams come up in even the most casual of conversations, that atrociously called series is gonna get mentioned.

The Youtube documentary isn't like altered footage or out-of-context plays. Rather, it provides pretty definitive evidence that calls were blown, missed, given inappropriately, etc. etc. to the advantage of one team. This was a systematic crippling of a team over the course of a game, not just, say, a few missed calls that might or might not have changed the outcome of the game (i.e. Wade grating Rondo across the face at the end of Game 2 last week).

And yes, I just joined Clutchfans specifically for this. I just couldn't believe that an NBA fan exists somewhere that denies what took place during that series.

Oh, and Kings > today's Thunder. Floppy Vlade would get Perkins tossed. Those Kings were so fun to watch, and so easy to love when Houston's postseason drought started.

1 person likes this.
  18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Kings would win

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

That is tough. I almost want to say the Kings. They had a lot of really good players. Bibby, CHUCKY BROWN!, Christie, Vlade, Jackson, My favorite Scott Pollard, Peja, Turkoglu, Webber, and Wallace.

Not to mention they had one of the best offensive coaches of all time. They would have made the finals had they not been robbed by the refs.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Kings. That team could only be beaten by referees.