1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[1560] Daryl Morey Interview (5/21)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 21, 2009.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Lets just have him on the show. Hes on every day pretty much

3. R=$

R=$ Member

Shane & Landry FOR Caron Butler :eek:

4. Rockets34Legend

Actually, he's on now...

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Where's that coming from?

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

hmm..i'll go for that trade if the no. 5 pick will be included.. :D

7. Amalgam

Amalgam Member

Lol @ Dr.McGrady

8. Rockets34Legend

John and Lance were saying we would of had a great chance if Deke was healthy to contain Gasol/Bynum, etc. in the middle. Then they said Colonel Sanders (Phil Jackson) was complaining about injuries, i.e. Lamar Odom.

Then Daryl said, "Wasn't Sun Yue injured?"

Hahahaha! :D

9. Convictedstupid

Just got on... Heres an attempt of a recap from however the way through it

H: Tracy will be wild card in his eyes. He thinks he will be more ready this year due to a chip on his shoulder
    DH: Said he met with tracy in LA and said he is very motivated to come back and play great for them, but then microfracture is an injury to where you canhave all the desire in the world, and due to daryls job he cant assume he will, he has to potentially plan that he wont

H: Says daryl has to go into next season saying people will be out and that if he doesnt hes holding his team back.
    DH: Hope isnt a method, not a strategy

DH: says we have to find a 7 footer which can be dificult or play small. He believes we play small effectively

H: Says lakers series would be different with deke in there
    DH: If we had any of the 3 out we would be right there, it was too many injuries for this series

DH: did the math on the lakers series, we had 25 million on the court, they had 75, referred us to the '300'.

H: Is he targetting the 6-6 6-7 PFs
    DH: He cant resist them. He goes with the best available guy, if he is a great player than he will definetly look at them. If he said boozer was in this class, they would look at him.

DH: Something about picks 28th-45 (maybe being the toughest to get..? sory i couldnt hear)

H: How about von wafer
    DH: Met with von and ron, he praises von for his ability to score but says that he has a long way to go. He says they want to have him back, and he wants him to come back

H: Asking about AB in this series, how some people were comparing him to Rajon and Chris paul, what does he have to work on
    DH: He has come a long way, wants him to work on his left hand, Needs to work on finishing at the hoop.. (starting to get staticy...) Needs him to progress defensivly, those are primary things

H: what about KL
    DH: He needs to work on his shot, he will work his ass off this summer in Philly, he will be in a gym all summer. Hes going to push and try and get himself more minutes on the team, hes a fighter

H: As is, is this a PG combo that you can talk about winning a chip with?
    DH: I think we can, were still not chris paul or tony parker, he always has to work for upgrade, but from a planning perspective they feel pretty good going in with him, but if something interesting comes along he would think about trading for them.

H: This was a great run and he hasnt seen the city this excited in a while
    DH: Thanks to the fans and the city, really appreciative of the fans. Its how he has the resources to do what he does. (Something about season tickets..?)

H: Says someone says he has an easy offseason ahead of him, but thats not the case
    DH: No its not...

Over

(its really staticy).

3 people like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not good at the recap thing. I usually leave that to DaDa, DieHard, etc. :)

11. Convictedstupid

Yeah its tough.. Dont think I will do it again. Im pretty sure people wont have a clue whats going on after they read my 'recap'. But it wasnt too many questions, more of just them talking about random stuff.

12. Rockets34Legend

Hey, you do what you can do for the ClutchFans BBS community. :D :cool:

13. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Thanks, I appreciate the recap.

The Sun Yue line was priceless.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap!

15. worzel gummidge

Translation, they don't expect McGrady to play until later into next season or McGrady has them by the balls in any trade scenario. I think it was in the last radio interview where Morey said only McGrady and his doctor know concerning his health/comeback.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and McGrady is aiming for the first game.

but morey's right. injuries/rehab are unpredictable. as a GM, you have to assume tracy won't get back until the latest and make your plans accordingly. always gotta be on the safe side.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think he "has them by the balls" at all. If the Rockets have a deal on the table that they like, they can pull the trigger. The other team can waive the physical and the trade would happen. All that matters know is that T-Mac is an expiring contract. He could be in a wheel chair making a rap album and his contract would still be valuable.