1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

12,16 and 18 who do you want and why

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by dkamberi25, Jun 28, 2012.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Under 5 hours away from the draft, I want to get a feeling of where everyone is at. If the Rockets can't move up for higher picks and decide to move some of our roster players for future picks and use the picks this season along with the guys they have been drafting over the past few seasons and the future picks to rebuild this team who would you pick with our selections and why?

12: Terrence Ross

I am failry certain Waiters, Rivers and Lamb will be off the board when we come up. If that's the case then Ross is the best remaining wing player in the draft. He provides great size and a real good outside shot. Not the best at attacking the basket but with his size and shooting ability he should be able to get by some defenders who crowd him. Defense is also a plus.

16: Perry Jones III

We have had him in recently so this could also very well be the pick if we do keep it. But this is also someone I'm on board with. Power forward size with small forward ability. His work ethic and drive are being questioned, but at 16 I can't pass on all this talent.

18: Fab Melo

This is a reach I'm not to proud of, but with the last of our 1st rounders I have yet to take a true center for Houston and Drummond, Zeller and Leonard are gone by this point. Melo may be nothing more then a shot blocker and a rebounder but at 18 that's not necessarliy a bad thing. Moving forward, Melo, Jones III and Motiejunas will provide this team with great size which is something we either haven't had or had but once Yao went down it was gone.

2. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I have a lot of 'wants' floating around in my head...but I'll give you 3 guys I REALLY like and would love to be Rockets:

12) Perry Jones III - classic Boom or Bust prospect. If he BOOMS, watch out NBA. If he BUSTS...oh. my. God.

16) Arnett Moultrie - Adds athleticism to a roster desperately needing some.

18) Jared Cunningham - Scorer in the JV leagues of the Pac-12. Instant energy off the bench as a Rookie. He could even develop into a very good starter in a few seasons. Might not even take him that long.

3. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Interesting with both Moultie and Jones III. Looking forward a few years those two guys on the court at the same time would be a nightmare for just about any team to play against.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Personally, I think the chances are high that Lowry is gone and we end up with a pick in the 5-10 range. I think we end up giving Lowry+either the 12 or 16th pick for that chance.

18th Pick: Fab Melo, Moe Harkless, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Taylor

12-16th range: Leonard, Zeller, Ross, Harkless, Rivers, jones/Drummond (only if they fall here)

6-10th range: MKG, Barnes, Lilliard, Walters, Robinson, Henson (don't like Drummond at 5-10, sky high bust factor cancels out sky high potential IMHO)

2-5th god range: MKG, Beal, Barnes, Robinson

5. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Way to be decisive. ;)

6. Htown's2kFinest

IDC much now. If we don't trade up, it's gonna be a disappointing night.

But if we stay with our picks I freaking hope this is what we come away with...

Waiters or Ross

Both guards with nice upside. Ross seems to have few weaknesses. Very athletic, can shoot, and defend at 6'7". Waiters a shorter guard but really aggresive player. Good at getting to the basket and creating offense off the dribble. Some see Waiter as a go-to scorer. Has an edge. Maybe the guy we are looking for.

#16 PJIII or Meyers

PJIII potential out weighs the risk here imo. Very skilled foward (kinda like D-mo) with ball-handling abilities, size and elite athleticism. His biggest questions is his motor and maybe a knee problem. Meyers... 7'1"... can run and jump... A dude with potential to be a starting C on a playoff team or another BJ Mullens.

#18 Royce White or Teague

6'9" 270 forward with point guard skills and post game. Strong rebounder as well. Teague 6'2" super quick scoring PG. Would be a great player to have behind Dragic.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

12. Leonard - Fits Rockets need at C
    16. PJIII - Potential
    18. Sullinger - Boozer 2.0?

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

12. Meyers Leonard
    16. Moe Harkless
    18. Royce White/Kendall Marshall/Arnett Moultrie

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

12th-Andre Drummond.. We need size and even if he is not an offensive player, neither is Camby, yet he helped immensely last season with just his length and defensive presence.

16th..Long shot he will be there, but pjIII if not terrance ross.. Both are atheletic wings who can score on the dribble, create their own shots, something we lack aside from martin.

18th.. Honestly dont care i dont see us keeping 3 rooks... but if we dont draft 16th and keep 18th, i would like Fab Melo just because of his size, no other reason

all this aside, i know the rockets will be making trades and signing free agents to better the team.

10. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

12. Zeller.
    16. Royce White.
    18. Will Barton.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

really dont see us going after a pg with llull coming over next year? i still do not think we will keep all three picks. we dont need that many rookies. we essentially have 2 already with donuts and morris, who i beleive will actually play this year with chase gone.

i still think a big trade is a possibility, maybe rudy gay and their pick for martin and two of ours? any naysayers?

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nice. Barton iza sleepa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Royce White with one of the 3 picks

JonRothstein: Sources say Royce White getting serious interest from Houston at 12,16, + 18. Boston + Memphis also very interested. [via Twitter]

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

12. Ross or Lamb if he slips
    16. Sullinger
    18. Teague

I'd rather draft best player available and all these guys, in my eyes, are legit starters in the league.

Leonard, Jones, too many question marks = pass

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Boston better trade up to 17 or higher, if they want a shot at White. I don't think he makes it past us, at 18.

16. HTownKid

HTownKid New Member

My f***** cousin wants to know why the clutchfans website is always on the left side instead of the whole page.

17. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I say Leonard if he is there at #12, Jeremy Lamb at #16, trade the #18 and cash/filler to Boston for #21 & #22 and take Will Barton or PJIII if he is still available at #21 and Tony Wroten at #22. Future PG, SG, SF and Center all on one night, and keep them all. If we can pull off a draft night like that, forget about DH12