1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Reasons Why You Have to Quit Your Job This Year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I kinda want to do it. What do yall think of this?

1 person likes this.
  2. SacTown

SacTown Member

If you want freedom start your own thing.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I couldn't even make it halfway through point #1 before I stopped reading that.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MLM'er?!!! Just read those snippets. WREAKS of MLM. Author has got to be in MLM man. Must... sell.... lotions and pills from the beach, brah.

5. TheresTheDagger

I already did this on 7/19/12.

Best decision I ever made. Still don't know what I'm gonna do next. Doesn't matter. Stress in my life is gone, and the world is wide open to me.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's not an MLMer. He just writes stuff like this every day. Also has some books. I'm don't like most of his stuff, but this sparked my interest as I find that I kind of hate my job.

7. Classic

Classic Member

So what would you do?

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Geez..My eyes were killin me after the intro

TLDR

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I spend all day sitting at a computer desk and I don't want to. Drafting policies and practices about boring crap. I get antsy. And you can't trust anyone in an office setting, or at least I can't.

Sitting in here, I look at people outside doing various types of manual labor and I'm envious.

#FirstWorldProblems to the extreme, I know. Not looking for sympathy. Just saying. Don't like my job. I'm only 25. I should be doing something. This doesn't feel like I'm doing anything.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd love to quit...but then I would kind of need some money.

The ones that quit are lucky that they dont have to pay for mortgages, gas, bills, food, etc...

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

That's a bit dramatic.

It's important for anyone to find a passion that fulfills their needs, but if every single person did their own thing we would go nowhere as a society. Go read "The E-myth" if you think everyone can be an entrepreneur.

We may be out of the recession but the private sector is still scared ****less with the current world economy. It might take 10 years, but the middle class will reform itself. Japan fully recovered from a similar recession and so can we.

12. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

cool, so who pays my rent now? lol

13. Classic

Classic Member

Sounds like you should be in a setting where you have relationships with people to conduct business. Not everyone is meant to just push paper or prepare reports. I'm in outside sales, & let me tell you, when I got into that role 3 years ago, it allowed everything that article says to happen for me. All my buddies who are in outside sales are really happy because we control our own destiny, or so it feels.

I just think you need to be utilized different if you're hard wired for different 'work.' Everything else while it may be true...sorta, seems a bit over dramatic.

If you have a college degree, maybe you can find a recruiter that can get you into a company in an inside sales role & transition to outside 12 to 18 months later.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Someone needs to tell this guy that the revolution is over and the bums lost.

2 people like this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

children...

Yeah, both my wife and I are in jobs we could easily walk away from...if we didn't have those pesky kids that tend to cost money.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hate to break it to all the people on here disagreeing but a lot of it is pretty damn true

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

You do. Without slaving away for somebody else. Seems like a difficult concept to grasp here at cf.net

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

You working for the man bro? You like it?

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know...I'm not really in fear of being pushed out of my job and I have enough money.

It would be cool to be able to do whatever I want on weekdays but all of my friends and family are busy during the week anyway. So, eh...