1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

$1 Million Pool by Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lil Pun, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Looks like he is hard at work splashing the cash.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...million-dollar-pool-and-mountai?urn=nba,96965

Thanks to a click-happy Wizards fan who recently visited the above oasis,
    D.C. Sports Bog has photos of the million-dollar pool Gilbert Arenas and his new $111 million contract are currently building. Equal parts awesome and ridiculous, here's a few facts about the man-made lake that'll certainly make you spit out your morning coffee:

* The stone for the "mountain" cost nearly half a million dollars.

* There are three different fish tanks, one going in the "grotto," one in the front hall, and one in the basement. Their normal retail price would have been about another half-million.

* The tank in the basement will have a recess with a couch in it so Gil can "relax and look up at the fish."

I tell you, when some people build pools, they really go off the deep end! (/rim shot, forced Kevin Eubanks laugh)

More pictures, including a mural of Gil standing in front of the White House with a pit bull (!!!), available at the Bog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rz04

rz04 Member

It might be just me, but was anyone else expecting a better pool for $1 Million?

3. airbulllard

airbulllard Member

from the outside it looks like a regular large pool, but i guess it's all those rocks and fish tanks that cost the big bucks... mehh

4. red

red Member

fantastic investment gilbert...

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

And they wonder why most of the sport players end up broke 5-10 years after their playing days are over.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

That's a resort though. I am pretty sure that Arenas' pool is less spectacular than a number of other pools around the world.

8. emjohn

emjohn Member

Looks like a nice miniature replica of a Vegas pool. Some cool add ins as well. Even if he only takes home $40M of that $111M, I don't think it's so terrible that he's tossing some of that into something he can really enjoy. All he needs to do is sock $10M of that money away, and he'll be set for life. He doesn't have to be a miser. I've seen far dumber ways to burn a million.

Evan

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is that an underwater plasma? I don't think so. Any decent pool would have water proof plasmas 1080p.

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Member

11. professorjay

professorjay Member

Hey, more power to him. I was also expecting something a bit more spectacular but it's not done yet, plus I'm sure that stone work is real so I guess it adds up.

My only problem is w/ the mural. I will never understand why some celebs get murals of themselves. They always look cheesy and classless. Might as paint your face on the hood of your car while you're at it.

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

The finish product with all the gidgets/gadgets are what really cost. Hugh Hef' can answer the phone from the grotto, so I'm sure GA will try & out do that & then some. I'm not mad, most of us can't or don't even swim.

I doubt if we see Gilbert broke in his later years, the 0 he wears is his constant reminder