1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Why James Harden is always a step ahead (or step back) off the dribble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomiz1987, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-code-made-james-harden-virtually-unguardable

“Harden particularly tends to torture bigger defenders forced to switch onto him. An extraordinary court vision makes Harden one of the league's premier passers, but he focuses on his defender's feet in isolation situations.
    "Are they shaky? Are they moving while I'm dribbling?" Harden says. "If their feet stop, I'm going by them because they can't move fast enough. [If they lean back], then I'm shooting it in their face."

Fantastic article on ESPN shows just how intelligent Harden is, he studies how his defenders feet move before he attacks, I just thought this was really interesting insight on Harden’s craftiness

2. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

Ok pls delete I see the article has been posted

3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden is smart and has high bbiq.

It's why he'll have a long career and be elite for a very long time.

When he can't blow by ppl anymore he'll spot up shoot 3s and bully ppl in the mid range with his footwork and step back jumper. And his passing will always allow him to get his spots to score because teams will be worried about him making plays for others.

Harden is an alltime great I heard Doris Burke and hubie brown call him that tonight.

Seems he's finally getting the proper respect.

He was classified with Westbrook for some odd reason now he's moved to the big boy class We're he always should have been with Lebron KD and Steph.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Saw this on the cover of ESPN's front-page, not even ESPN NBA, no more media conspiracy! AT least for today.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

#ALLTIMEGREAT

D-rock likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because hes goat

ps
    Look at the organized mass communication spreaders crawling back!

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont be fooled so easily , its all a part of a subtler scheme

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Truth is they have to do an article because there aren’t many storylines at the moment. Kyrie injured, kawhi came back and they lost , bucks/ Giannis came back to earth in the win column , thunder lose or barely win a game they should win . It’s either harden or lebron right now .

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.