1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘A Bunch of Mediocre Negroes’ ‘Dragged In’ ‘As a Photo-Op’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Courtesy of extraordinary negro Marc Lamont Hill on describing Trump's Diversity Coalition

Wow. So when a negro, or any minority for that matter, is talking as a liberal he's keeping it real but when he is shown supporting conservatives, he's a token being used. Minorities just can't be conservative, huh. Identity politics at its best folks. Just imagine the furor this would have caused if this was a conservative saying this, or simply a white guy.

ipaman and Astrodome like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is the same for celebrities. We are supposed to listen to celebrities and support their boycott unless a celebrity endorses Trump.

3. TheresTheDagger

You still watch CNN?

ramotadab and pippendagimp like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Well, when the only black people you bring into the fold are an idiotic bigoted creationist, a mentally unstable egomaniac, and a narcoleptic with no qualifications for his proposed job, you don't get the benefit of the doubt on the sincerity of your diversity coalition.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My favorite mediocre celebrity Trump endorser is Scott Baio. Loved Charles in charge, especially the middle daughter who turned into

[​IMG]

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

I can't imagine why more black people aren't conservative when they have such open-minded, culturally-aware people like Dei welcoming them into the Republican Party with open arms. Just be sure to make that 50 mile drive on the 5th Wednesday of this month so you can get your ID card to vote straight ticket Republican in November!

AkeemTheDreem86 and B-Bob like this.
  8. Dei

Dei Member

Sonnie Johnson: The People Marc Lamont Hill Calls ‘Mediocre Negroes’

Earlier this week on the #FakeNewsNetwork CNN, Marc Lamont Hill said President-elect Donald Trump’s diversity coalition are “a bunch of mediocre negroes being dragged in front of TV as a photo-op for Donald Trump’s exploitative campaign against black people.”

The Morehouse College professor also made his feelings about Steve Harvey’s meeting with Donald Trump very clear:

For my own sanity, I had to take a trip down memory lane.

In June 2008, Barack Obama refused to meet with the black power brokers in Harlem, which led to Jesse Jackson desperately wishing to “cut his [Barack Obama’s] nuts out.”

In March 2010, to flex their muscles, the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) voted unanimously against an Obama “jobs” bill. They got a meeting. As Congresswoman Yvette Clarke (B-NY) explained:

In August 2011, while speaking before an audience at Detroit’s Wayne County Community College, another Congressional Black Caucus member, Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA), was asked why Obama wasn’t visiting black communities during his bus tour of Midwestern states. She responded:

In 2012, it was so bad, there was a Change.org petition for President Obama to meet with the Congressional Black Caucus. The petition read:

In July 2013, the Congressional Black Caucus FINALLY got another meeting with President Obama. They discussed voting rights, the economy, and immigration. However, a follow-up meeting wasn’t scheduled.

In August 2014, riots started in Ferguson, Missouri. The Justice Department was dispatched, and this entire record of disrespect by the first black President towards the Congressional Black Caucus was forgotten. All the CBC wanted was a seat at the table. These are the experts, right?

The purpose for my trip down memory lane wasn’t to play “hypocrisy gotcha” with Marc Lamont Hill. I wanted to remind the American people, and the Congressional Black Caucus, how irrelevant the CBC has been to Barack Obama’s presidency. That reminder is important as Congressman John Lewis (D-GA) is championed for standing up to Donald Trump, when he couldn’t even get a meeting with Barack Obama. If I can paraphrase the words of Marc Lamont Hill, they — the Congressional Black Caucus — couldn’t even get a seat at the table, and they are the experts.

What’s really funny? On December 14, 2016, I tweeted: “Trump invites Blacks with ideas on improving communities. Obama invites them to perform.”

The comment was in relation to President-elect Donald Trump meeting with Ray Lewis and Jim Brown. I’m guessing these are the “athletes” whose meetings with Trump Marc Lamont Hill finds “condescending.” I refuse to justify Marc Lamont Hill’s characterization of these men by stating their rags to riches stories. I don’t defend men. I defend ideas, and Marc Lamont Hill’s idea of black mediocrity needs to be exposed.

This is why I love Breitbart. Let me turn into #DidSheSayThat Sonnie Johnson real quick.

I have been fighting the Republicans and conservatives to include black culture for years. In fact, the entire #DidSheSayThat podcast is a mix of conservative intellect with Hip Hop culture. It’s what I do.

By choosing this path, I have lost my seat at the “conservative intellectual” table. Republicans and conservatives looked at Hip Hop artists as nothing but entertainers. For years I’ve argued they are entrepreneurs, spouses, parents — they came from these Democratic hellholes, and they can help get the people out. While my intellect has never been questioned and my conservatism is second to none, my love of Hip Hop and support of its culture only have a home on Breitbart.

If you ask an African American Republican or conservative intellectual about me, they would probably label me… mediocre. I don’t use their buzzwords, source their white papers, or talk about the Democrat plantation. I must come to them humbly, acknowledge their years of Republican service, and denounce Hip Hop to receive my place at the table. Not happening.

This is not a trait of the Progressive left. This is a trait of the elites in BOTH political parties. President-elect Donald Trump is changing that, and I pray the more people like Marc Lamont Hill criticize his outreach, the more he understands it’s working.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ople-marc-lamont-hill-calls-mediocre-negroes/

9. Dei

Dei Member

While I love your enthusiasm for getting into the topic of the thread, I'd like to just point out that voter fraud is a real threat and that people should be responsible enough to secure their voting registration asap and not leave it to the last minute like most people who are complaining about voting laws do. And I am, in fact, quite open-minded and culturally-aware to see the good and bad side of other people and not to paint them purely in a good light like people on the left often do.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can only imagine how much fun the OP had in typing that up and inflating his outrage.

A man on TV had an OPINION! Omergerd!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a classic conservative wingnut tactic to trot out ANY minority they can find as some reflection that they have significant support (which, naturally they don't have) in whatever minority community they're targeting for whatever bullshit they're pedaling. Then, said wingnuts claim waisism when members of that minority group call out the tactic for what it is.

In this case it makes it so much more special that it's being pointed out by a white supremacist like Dei who hates those "bunch of mediocre negroes" with a passion anyway. That's WAISIS!

Is this why white supremacists are down on Trump? He met with a "bunch of mediocre negroes"? Hmm...

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Do you masturbate as you type the word "negro"?

RedRedemption likes this.
  13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Poor blacks don't understand. politician trying to help the black community AFTER the election. This does not compute to them so they don't know how to react.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I thought you said scott bakula and got excited until I read it was instead the star of Zapped!

Nook likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness the "poor blacks" have you to speak for them and know better than them who's trying to help them and who isn't.

16. CometsWin

Yeah, it only computes to smart negroes like game show host Steve Harvey. :D

If a politician was trying to help the black community he wouldn't have hired a scumbag like Steve Bannon, he wouldn't have tapped a good ole boy from Alabama to be Attorney General, and he wouldn't have pretended not to know who David Duke was when asked about it. He wouldn't have kissed white supremacist ass on twitter all the time either.

I mean, what the ****. You think we all forgot that **** that just f'in happened? Are you that stupid to think we're that stupid? Please.

#16 CometsWin, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

love steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions.

Honestly, if I was Trump I would have said screw the black community by now. You don't want help from Trump? That's fine, have fun on that Democrat plantation.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nah.

He doesn't even want to think about what he considers an intellectually inferior race. His own words. Said black people were only better athletically lol.

19. CometsWin

Not a lot different from the last 50 years of the Southern Strategy. A bunch of racists and good ole boys telling black people they're stupid because they don't support racists and good ole boys who think they're stupid. Your reputation is well earned.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes those racist Democrats.