1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deckard
Last Activity:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:01 PM
Birthday:
February 1
Driving my significant other crazy.

Deckard

Blade Runner, from Austin, Texas.

Supporting Member

Human Being Mar 18, 2020

Deckard was last seen:
Apr 9, 2024
    1. B-Bob
    2. thumbs
      thumbs
      Aloha, David! (Hello/good-bye.) Like b-bob, I think it's time to leave since there is rarely anything new under the D&D sun. We've had a host of tusk to tusk exchanges ... some good laughs ... an occasional commiseration over a bridge too far. In my early D&D days I tried to provide my rationale for positions, which admittedly are to the right of center. Later, to counter extreme posters who adamantly refused to consider differing views, I confess to exaggerating my actual positions as a foil to their tunnel vision. My bad, but I did have a purpose. Anyway, I always felt you were rational, and I hope you always perceived that you had my respect. I wish there were a "better" D&D with an entry that had to be earned with administrator points for civil discourse, individual perception and originality. If ever you wish to communicate, you know my email address (thumbs@email.com). Well, as I said, aloha and warmest regards, Mike
      1. Deckard likes this.
    3. BonziWellsGOAT
      BonziWellsGOAT
      Quick question...relatively new to the forum just wondering how rep system works as far as how many points for a new square....seems like ive been stuck on Terrence Jones for a while even though ive been getting points lol Anyway seems that youre a CF vet so I figured I'd ask. Thanks
    4. Deji McGever
      Deji McGever
      Deckard, can you contact me directly at zach at dejimedia dot com? I have some questions about Texas politics and I promise I'm not a replicant.
      1. Deckard likes this.
    5. mikol13
      mikol13
      Blade Runner starting now on Encore! Just saying.
      1. Deckard likes this.
    6. kjayp
      kjayp
      I posted 1 sidenote - and then replied to others comments regarding my post... on a thread that had already lost its steam... maybe in the future I should just start a whole new thread on my personal thoughts - like so many others do.... get real, man.... kjayp
    7. KingCheetah
      KingCheetah
      Just got Children of the Sky from Amazon... looks epic.
    8. mikol13
      mikol13
      Sincerely sorry for your loss. Thanks for being the cool cat you are.
    9. KingCheetah
      KingCheetah
      I made a thread about this for some dumb reason - should have just sent you a message... Vernor Vinge -- The Children of the Sky is ready for pre-orders now. The final book in the 'Fire Upon the Deep' universe.
    10. javal_lon
      javal_lon
      where ya at sucka
    11. durvasa
      durvasa
      Just testing. :)
  • About

Birthday:
    February 1
    Driving my significant other crazy.
    Born & raised in Houston, but living in Austin since 1980. Decided to move here after being a frequent visitor of the city, the Hill Country and friends here since the 1960's. Been lurking around the BBS for what feels like forever (Spring, 1998?) and remember "the Mall Guy" and Popeye's big Francis scoop... too afraid of @Mango and @Behad to register, but I'm no longer afraid of either one!

An ardent fan of the Rockets and the Astros. My father bought season tickets to the Oilers games, starting with Season One. Lost a lot of my interest in the NFL after Bud Adams stole the team from Houston. Enjoy music, reading (fantasy, SF, mysteries, historical fiction and simply history) tropical fish, eating out for lunch, and a bunch of other stuff. That, and our Labradoodle.

Signature

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles... scream & shout."
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now