1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

What if I went to Texas State for music, majoring in bong hits with a minor in beer pong? Do I still have to audition?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, the OP is shutting down his gofundme page. Are you returning the $20 you received?

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't believe he does.

Everything else you said is perfectly fine. I agree with it.

But if you're in the financial and personal situation that OP is in, chasing unrealistic "dreams" probably is not the way to go.

Unless you're supremely talented and have some next level ambition and drive.

Even then, it seems like most of it will be based on random luck.

How many people in the Music industry that make enough to have a stable job and feed their family went to the "Nelly school for bull****" in your opinion? I'm willing to wager zero, or close to it.

My entire point wasn't "what's the best thing to do for a career in music?" It was that if anyone finds themselves in the situation OP is in, they need to swallow their pride and stabilize their own life before chasing fireflies in the night sky.

4. tomato

tomato Member

so I paid to get this CDL for nothing?

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You know damned well I majored in tailgating and minored in river tubing.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It matters if you'd like to do anything remotely related to those fields in the already unlikely event you'll get a talent or A&R gig out of the gate, in an industry that only operates in two or three cities with competitive job markets already filled with entry-level applicants from typically the most competitive colleges. Irrespective of that, the only things keeping for profit colleges afloat legally and academically are:

1) Employment opportunities for surplus PhD, EdD or MS graduates through instructional, curricular or eventual managerial opportunities
    2) Disproportionate enrollment by military personnel
    3) Disproportionate enrollment by experienced and genuinely talented corporate managers, probably Caucasian but somewhat older, who are filling a token job requirement due to mandate from HR
    4) Admitted reluctance or inability by state governments to funding public universities beyond their current amount.

Anyone else screwing with these lacks the grades or test scores to get into any of the thousands of public and private universities with comparable costs, the experience or presentation skills the former cohorts have that already make them occupationally marketable, or possibly the lack of attentiveness needed to meaningfully research and compare their local CC options or stick to a realistic career field.

7. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Lol. Love the jokes. That "some Bosnian idiot" works with NASA. Went to school with me. I graduated #1 in my class. Only 90 kids but hey, wasn't my call to go to that school. And sure, sexual favors isn't right, but it's the oldest profession ever and thankfully I haven't had to perform any. I know you all love the jokes, love to by cynical. That's fine. I was totally honest and you guys saw how that went. Which is fine :). Still got nothing but love for you all, and yes Bobrek, once I make arrangements for the money to come to an account, I'll return the money with no problem.

I understand we live in a day and age where it's hard to decipher the real from fake, so I don't take it personally. We all have a past and we all will answer to it. Take care til next time.

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I don't see too many jokes I see a lot of people giving you some good advice actually. I do see you deflecting all of it though and sticking with the narrative you've built for yourself.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He's chasing his dreams, brah. Why you gotta be down on him like the man? This is America. Follow your dreams, ballerboy001. I believe in you.

1 person likes this.
  10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Is the next time going to be another gofundme page because your dog died?

11. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Hey ya'll. Just updating you guys. This term's going great. No truck stops have been visited by yours truly :) Also, just killed 2 out of 3 midterms. My lowest grade currently is an 88 and I'm pissed about it, but it's because of that mid-term was a C! It was a great marker to let me know what I need to work on (keep in mind, in DAW 2, you are drilled on your ability to remember shortcuts, etc because when we take the Avid exam, we need to know those small, miniscule shortcuts that show a potential employer (or customer, since I'll have my own engineering company as a sole proprietor) we are ProTools certified. Avid (the creator of Pro Tools) will certify my ability to use the software proficiently.

Below you'll find an interview I did a couple Sundays ago. There was a strongarm purse robbery at one of our high end shopping centers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/daxqODqwNjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take Care.

12. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

P.S. Thanks for reminding me to remove that decrepit blunt off of instagram!!

13. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thanks!!! You were so spot on!!! I could care less about it being "by Nelly". I pay my money to Vatterott!!! I use Nelly as a resource whenever possible, though.

14. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I'm back and I bring a....present. Enjoy. Be mean, tear me a new one. Constructive is welcomed, and so is destructive. Give it to me. I can take it, now.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/231171111&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will check it out when I'm home. My review will be ruthless.

16. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I can't wait, bro. Tear me a new one. Go Bone-Thugs with it and write a ruthless review and kill my track like they killed tracks with Pac, Biggie and Easy.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'll review.

Decent mix. Vocals are crystal clear. Almost too clear. I would bump the ratio up on the compression for the main vocal, just a a bit to add some crunch and bite. I'd also experiment with parallel compression. If you haven't already. Your sterile vocals almost fit with the mood of that beat, but I would try to add more color.

I like the reverb on the vocal, but I would try to experiment with it more to make the vocal fit inside the track and not on top of it. If you have that instrumental tracked out, dig into it and try and make more room for your vocals.

No comment on the lyrics.

All in all not a disaster. I've personally recorded and mixed much worse. Respect for posting your work on here. Bigger man then me.

#157 HR Dept, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thank you, sir. I truly appreciate it. In hindsight, I really wish I had a different approach toward all of this, but I was desperate. Unfortunately, when you're desperate you will say and almost do just about anything for something you have wanted since you were a kid.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Since you wanted an honest critique....Your enunciating too hard and the beat is lulling me to sleep. The song might be good for an intro but you need to change it up. And the lyrics are...not good. The ending was horrible. Hope this helps.

20. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Hey ya'll, why the hell do I always post here after losses. I gotta figure this part out. Anyhow, I made some changes mix-wise, tell me what you think. As far as lyrical content (this version does NOT have the "eating a Big Mac under the STL arch bit), yes, I'm aware they are basic as a b**** on a stick developing a meth induced twitch. Some things are by design, all I'll say. Hope this maybe finds ears that may need this. Thanks for listening, still appreciate any feedback. Peace.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/232436981&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>