1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris Tweets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedNation97, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not a good case based on fact and logic....but someone might be able to make some other kind of case.

2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

So, if PHX and Morris agree to a buyout - would the Rockets trade T Jones to create cap space and roster space?

3. baubo

baubo Member

No chance the Rockets can make a trade work (unless Ariza's included which won't happen) right now. But if he's still around in December a trade can work out with KJ's salary tradable.

I think the Suns will try to hang on to him until the deadline because teams are more likely to be desperate by then. At this point his trade value is lowest as can be.

4. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I think he is, we tend to overrate D-Mo a lot, and Jones is so sporadic.

I really like and support both our Power forwards, but Kieff has a neat mid-range jumper neither of the two have and is more athletic. I'll be fine if it happens and just as fine if it doesn't

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you really think Morris is going to be fine with a bench role? I honestly don't think he's even on the radar. Again, if he was a better player then maybe, but he's a marginal upgrade over Jones as a bench guy.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Maybe but remember we had Smith, Jones, and DMo all last year though there were injuries all over the place.

Getting Morris for the minimum after Lawson for basically nothing is just video gamesque.

7. basketballholic

Don't have to trade Jones for cap space or a roster spot. Markieff would be the 15th guaranteed contract, essentially taking Chuck Hayes' spot.

However.....Jones could be traded in a separate deal once we acquired Markieff.

8. basketballholic

I'm not for sure he's on the radar either. But I do know the only way he becomes a Rocket before the start of the season is with a buyout and a minimum salary signing. Now if this thing drags on to January 15th, then things could change.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I agree.

I think you get a couple months to look at KJ in practice and see if he has a future in the league, if not, he is the prime salary filler piece you would use to make a trade for Markieff.

Jones + KJ + whomever our veteran minimum 15th man on the roster works. That is an overpay, but we could probably squeeze a pick out of Phoenix, which would make us better overall.

Its hard to say who is better. They have all had different roles/styles but analytically Markieff holds his own, which is impressive since his bread and butter is mid range. I think he could be molded into a very very good player in our system though.

Not really sure what Morey's plan is though. He may not want the long term salary.

10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Guys, guys... We are talking about the 64th best player in 2016... One ahead of ariza and 34 slots ahead of DMO. :eek::grin::grin::p

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, totally fair.

12. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Well T jones isnt in the picture.... not that Markieff would have anything to do with that... right?

13. basketballholic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v181aA86SjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Morey's ability to maintain flexibility is well regarded it's how he managed to snag Lawson this year when last year we were all going WTF with the KPap signing and Prigs trade.

That being said at some point you have to go all in. It appears Morey is heading that direction when he resigned Brewer, Bev, and KJ. Though all those deals are going to look like bargains soon. Morris has a decent contract for his production and along with the aforementioned could still be traded if Durant wants to join up.

Is Morris worth Jones and KJ?

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cmon guys have some faith in dmo! he played out of position for most of last season and did good for a young player who played hurt at the end. potential for a solid twin tower line up if dmo pans out which is to be expected. dont forget the potential for a stretch 4 with his threes. too much to pass on for a small upgrade at pf, esp with that contract

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would love to get the guy for nothing. but i dont see where he fits in. perhaps the only way would to have morris come off the bench and then you trade one of jones or dmo and dekker for al horford. i cant really think of another power forward that would be available and also an upgrade for the rockets.

boozer - too old
    faried - not an upgrade
    patrick patterson - only in carl's wet dreams
    harrison barnes - ha
    ryan anderson - would be ideal for the team but better off the bench
    josh smith - obvious
    david west/boris diaw - playing for a particular team
    dirk nowitzki - i would love this but never ever ever going to happen
    kevin love - catastrophic chemistry problems would have to arrise
    zack randolph - doesnt fit the team age wise i dont think regardless of availability
    derrick favors - would be worth considering
    serge ibaka - ha again
    paul milsap - morey would want horford
    griffin - nooooooo
    aldrich - also plays for a certain team

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo has nothing at all to do with Morris. If anything Morris would be brought in as a backup....and IMO even that would be foolish. He's not as good defensively as DMo, he has a more limited offensive game, he can't shoot 3's, he's not a rebounder, AND he's got just tons of off the court issues.

I mean, I guess it's a step up over talking about Rubio and Rondo, but still pretty bad.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

OK I'd like to see that case.

He's less efficient than both of them, has no post game like DMo, doesn't have the athleticism of Jones, doesn't have the size of Dmo, can't finish like Jones, shoots worse from 3 than Dmo.

Nothing special on the boards or defense.

Older than both, gets paid more.

So what's the case?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The most legitimate case I've seen for it is that he's ranked higher on the SI.com player rankings.

20. rockets13champs

Good Bye TJONES