1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mlb TV doesn't black out Astros games?

Or you're not in Houston?

2. Swag

Swag Member

ballstreams!

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

*sigh*

Allow me to introduce you to Apples and Oranges.

/end conversation

4. what

what Member

If you have the ingenuity to illegally watch games on a pirated website like ballstreams, you can certainly figure out how to mask your ip to get all the rockets game in a blacked out area.

Don't try and pull the morality card in this debate because it don't fly. Your reasoning for using ballstreams is that it is cheaper, and that's the only reason and you couldn't care less about the legality of it.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Most people don't care about the legality of something when it isn't illegal. It doesn't really take any ingenuity, ballstreams isn't doing anything illegal, you may think it should be, the nba may want it to be, but neither of those actually makes it so.

#85 Aleron, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

On what basis are you suggesting Ballstreams isn't illegal? Is this some sort of moral/philosophical argument where you think it shouldn't be illegal, or do you actually believe what your saying? Or are you from a country with very weak piracy/intellectual property laws?

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it illegal?

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Been using Ballstreams for 2 seasons now, love it. 60 bucks to follow all teams, no blackout for local (Spurs) or national TV games and all in HD on my computer, tablet, phone or TV. Love sticking it to the NBA.

9. orosiriley

orosiriley Member

If you think the NBA package is expensive in the states, we live in Costa Rica and look at these prices. 535 colones += $1

NBA LEAGUE PASS plus: NBA TV*, Home/Away announcers**, Video Vault and Spanish language feed
    ₡10,999.99 or $20 Monthly membership
    BUY NOW

Every NBA game, live and on demand across devices
    ₡7,499.99 or $14 Monthly membership
    BUY NOW

10 select regular season games each week, plus 24/7 exclusive NBA programming
    ₡3,199.99 or $6 Monthly membership
    BUY NOW

10. AFS

AFS Member

Taking another person's content and selling it as your own without obtaining the rights is, generally speaking, illegal.

11. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure ballstreams is illegal, but I'm going to keep using it because it offers the service that I want.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I ran ballstreams through my pc to TV (hdmi) and had no problems.
    Had minor lagging but I switched up to a wired feed instead of wifi and the lagging stopped. Will run again this year. Can't beat it for the price and archived games.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Unless they're paying royalty fees to the NBA there's no question it's illegal. Quite a well run site for a seemingly illegal operation though, numerous viewing options from Roku, Flash, VLC, XBox, Playstation. I've never used it but the feedback I see here tells you it's a sophisticated high bandwidth streaming site that has some big money behind it.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I thought I read that one of the changes of NBA League Pass this year is that while regional blackouts still apply, you will now get archived versions of the nationally televised games. I'm okay with that because I rarely watch a game in real time anyway - it's normally a day or two later when I can fit it into my schedule. If this isn't true, then this really does suck because I only turn on my TV to watch NBA or play video games so I recently cut my ties with cable/dish.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ahhh yes - here it is in the fine print:

...so basically you get nationally televised games 3 hours after completion and locally televised games, 72 hours after completion. I don't think that's an outrageous alternative for $200/year for all the games(including playoffs).

Total conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA and Apple have something cooked up for an NBA app available on the new Apple TV. The Sept 9th announce date seems to coincide nicely for the start of the NBA season and the NBA earlier this summer announced support of an Apple Watch app, and they have started accepting apple pay in NBA arenas.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

its probably best to use VPN just to buy internationally. Like using Indonesia as country and paying $100 for the full package.

You still can stream even if you are in the US. No need to hide ip

17. hlcc

hlcc Member

Taking content that they don't own, retransmitting it, and earning $$ through the process,,,,,, how can it possibly be legal.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

But the upside is...you live in freakin' Costa Rica.

Only one of the most amazingly beautiful places in the world.

19. WestendMassive

Yep the first year I had ILP it was $199 for premium, and was $120 if you only wanted to watch one team

I couldn't believe it when they jacked it up to $300, absolute rort.

I'm thinking of doing the VPN trick to get a better ILP price this year though, the HD and replays without timeouts and ad breaks makes it much better than Ballstreams.

Getting home from work and watching a game in just over an hour is way better than watching a full length game with ads and timeouts.

Or maybe I should stop being such a tightass and fork out my $300 hahahaha

20. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Does anyone know who's actually running Ballstreams? They say the servers are in the Netherlands but who is actually profiting from the service? I'm just saying the people using the service need to think about your politics and beliefs. Who knows you could be supporting the North Korean gov, the Russians, terrorists? As it hasn't been shutdown yet so it's probably some big government protecting the service.