1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Nuttery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Um, wouldn't that be a good thing?

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That one's on the Capitol Police, so far as I can tell:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ver-capitol-police-leaving-guns-in-bathrooms/

Casey will no doubt get a kick out of this one.

4. rage

rage Member

These incidents were allegedly attributed to the security details, have nothing to do with Republican 's nuttery. There are plenty of those.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Who is down for some Ben Carson?

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Apparently this occurred:

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is kinda like Feminism

:eek:

(Okay back on point of topic...)

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That matches what I feel, too. Same here

More focused on rallying the base than in being takwn seriously to prospective new conservatives

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree that it is sort of tough to go against the beliefs you were taught while growing up, when the facts indicate otherwise.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

When it comes to the Big Banks vs. the troops i.e. Other People's Children the GOP Congress will always go for the banks.

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Scott Walker: Obama should show ‘some backbone’ by canceling Chinese state visit
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...me-backbone-by-canceling-chinese-state-visit/

"Why would we be giving one of our highest things a president can do -- and that is a state dinner for Xi Jinping, the head of China -- at a time when all of these problems are pending out there?" Scott Walker told reporters following a visit to the Carolina Pregnancy Center in Spartanburg, S.C., on Monday afternoon.

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The world's second largest economy is having a meltdown and Obama should be doing what exactly instead?

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Obviously, this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jOB8YDO3azI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:grin: *tears*

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This thread could go on infinitely.

I have plenty of "republican" friends. The difference is their ability to be rational about issues, even when we agree to disagree.

The new age of many Republicans seems to be characterized by shouting matches, information from Fox News and opposing anything that is remotely related to a liberal perspective.

The republican party is dying. The only way to breathe life into it is by becoming a bit more moderate.

I think the legalization of gay marriage sent the extreme conservatives into manic -depressive mode. They cannot fathom how it happened, in the same way they cannot believe that a person of African American descent was voted into the White House for two consecutive terms.

When I see the republican candidates, I almost sympathize with the party. I mean, is this really the "best" they could come up with?

I despise the Bush family, mainly due to GWB, for ignoring intelligence and killing so many people, but Jeb seems to be one of the few candidates with a lick of competence. The problem is that he has no chance because of his brother, who is arguably one of the worst presidents in the history of elections.

When "Deez Nuts" gets 9% of the vote in a poll from ANY state, your party is really behind the times. When your party pushed a near-death McCain and an incompetent Palin to the front of the line, your party is dying. When your leading candidate before the election is an indecent, fraudulent, inexperienced billionaire, your party represents the "nuttery" that created this thread.

I wish all the candidates the best in their personal lives, but I could never vote for any one of them because I love my country and ALL of its people. Support shouldn't be limited to the ultra-wealthy, nor should it ignore minority interests. That is foolish in my mind.

But, hey, gun rights and deportin' them Mexicans is really the most important issue of their time.

They can smear Hillary all they want, or even Biden if it happens, but everyone knows, deep down, that a democrat will be in the White House for years to come. We've grown as a country in regard to social issues, and the "moderate" perspective is one that has allowed compromise. The traditional republican doesn't even know what collaboration and working together means.

Sad.

1 person likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Clearly, cancel the state dinner, close the US embassy in China. Come on Obama, be like a Republican and use that backbone!

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What a pathetic ignoramus. I'm ashamed to admit I thought Walker might be the guy for the GOP.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

"I can't believe how stupid Scott Walker is."

"Well, he was your idea."

"My idea? He was your dumb idea."

"**** you."

-- the Koch brothers, arguing

-- Andy Borowitz