1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Case Keenum have been a better option than Hoyer?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cardale Jones isn't an NFL QB, he'll have to make the switch to TE if he wants to make it in the NFL.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

My goodness smh

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is it, you've officially lost it.

Saying Fitz is a good QB is one thing.

Putting him ahead of Luck is another.

4. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, your inability to follow along in conversation is second to none. No one fails quite as hard when it comes to reading comprehension as you. Congratulations.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me guess...he threw a long TD this weekend?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, he's got Jamarcus written all over him. He might not even be the starter on his college team this year and was 3rd string last year.

Let's also not forget that he's the same guy who so eloquently once said "we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"

8. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

From what I have been in the preseason Savge just might be a better starting QB

9. Major

Major Member

Or perhaps your ability to write. What he said was an accurate response to your post:

You'd put Fitz ahead of Hoyer, as well as as those other 5 - which included Andrew Luck.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Im confused why you compare him to Russell???

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In context it should have made sense, I put Fitz ahead of Hoyer, just as i put those other 5 ahead of Hoyer. I forget that I need to spell things out for people here sometimes.

Big guy, dumb as a box of hammers, emotionally immature, only real quality is a strong arm.

13. Airdough

Airdough Member

As long as he doesn't drown himself in purple drank and cheeseburgers, he has a chance to stick. There have been successful QBs in the past who have been dumb and successful. Marino and Bradshaw come to mind.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair but that was a REALLY long time ago. The demands of the modern day NFL are a lot more than in those days. Either way though, he's struggling to win the starter job at Ohio State, it's kind of a stretch to think that he's going to be an amazing NFL QB.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, I'd like to point out that Vince Young is another example of a QB who failed because he was simply too dumb and too emotionally immature to be an NFL caliber QB. I don't know if Cardale is VY level stupid, but his comments aren't very refreshing.

Who knows though? Maybe he lands the Ohio State starting gig and holds it down all year and plays well enough to force me to change my mind about him.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Big guy, dumb as a box of hammers, emotionally immature, only real quality is a strong arm.[/QUOTE]You just described Mallet

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I honestly do think Keenum would have been a better option. If not better, he would have been at least as good as anyone else we have.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Hoyer is in the same league as Fitz and Case. Spending money and time on a guy like him is such a waste

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans fans have lost it.

I will not miss Case Keenum holding onto the ball and then throwing horrid ducks.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but he also has a quick release and let's not forget that you are talking about a college kid with 3 total starts that might not be good enough to keep the starting job at Ohio State....

Now if Cardale wins the starting job and has a season as good as Mallett's final year in college, then we can start that comparison, till then, he doesn't measure up.