1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Sushi in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by G-Money, Aug 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

parasites baby parasites.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I live by a Blue Fish and it's quality enough to satisfy the cravings. I have family that works at Soma and Uchi and there really is a difference in preparation. I'm not a food snob, but I can appreciate the step up in presentation and quality that Uchi has. That said, I too agree that it's over-priced....it's better, but not worth it. There's a little authentic sushi joint owned and run by a nice old Japanese couple in Alief across Bellaire from Kim Son. I think it's Sushi Miyago or something like that. That place is high quality period, not just for the area.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Which one? I like the one off Richmond because it's nice and relaxed.

Stomach acid burns em all up.

4. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

Sushi Miyagi. Definitely love that place. Also, Izakaya-Wa is a real cool spot. More for the grilled meats than the Sushi, but the Japanese business men love that spot.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I love Uchi. Blue Fist is pretty good too.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Sushi Miyagi on Bellaire. Run by an old asian couple and for not being one of the big name restaurants, they are one of the best.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I've been there, it's not bad, but kinda pricey for the amount of food you get.

8. MystikArkitect

Kuu in Memorial City. Just tried it and is up there with Kata Robata.

9. hvic

hvic Member

If you want fresh fish such as nigiri or sashimi then I would recommend Kata Robata. Kata would get fish flown in from Japan at least twice a week and there are fishes that a lot of sushi restaurant would not offer. The head chef is also Japanese so you can't go wrong. They don't really specialize in sushi rolls. Sushi Miyagi is a great place but there wait time for a table and food can take a while. Uchi Houston I was not impress with and would rather go to the Austin for the quality and money that I am spending it on.

10. Konquest123

Konquest123 Member

omakase at MF Sushi.