1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Sad State of the GARM

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ah, I see. I thought I had read that from you. Might have been someone else.

On a related note: coachbadlee has returned.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong/ridiculous though.

I am all for giving posters a 2nd chance after a hiatus.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He's been back for awhile now, but he appears to be more restrained/subdued.
    Maybe he went thru some sort of metamorphosis while he was gone...:confused:

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally, after lurking every few weeks for the last six months on the GARM, have something to share. After this post i expect to be either reinstated to the GARM or permanently banned. Most probably the latter.

I had the hand of god come down and ban me because I ridiculed people on the stupidest and longest thread in CF history. IMHO stupidity should always be ridiculed. 40K+ posts and not one right prediction. Or at least nothing right that a below average intelligence person could have easily predicted. Great job GARM!!!!!

Let us look at the GARM's sins in detail. First and foremost was 18 months ago with the incredibly stupid idea that Morey would ever trade the golden egg for Rondo. A broke down Rondo that the NBA had well passed by. Remarkably a year later no one would even dare to disagree with me. What were the in all caps trade ideas I read? D-Mo, Jones, Parsons, all possible draft picks for the following four years and perhaps Beverly. A small handful of commenters would not touch that thread. Insanity was rampant.

Then there was the McHale hiring God what a complete misdiagnosis of the head coaching position by the GARM. I am in there taking a brutal beating stating that McHale is an above average NBA coach and perhaps the best player coach in the NBA. The roster loves him. Perhaps the only person that disagrees with that simple statement is FTW Rockets FTW. Stupid is what stupid does. Immortal words there.

Then there is D-Mo. No ability to assess talent here on the GARM. That is obvious. Back in the Euroleague Prokom year there was me, HMMMMHMMMM and three Eastern European fans paying attention. I made the comment that D-Mo was the next all-star center for the Rockets. After five games. Much ridicule followed. For years.

McHale and play calling? This is going to scorch a couple of peoples rear ends. There HMMMMHMMMM and bmd commented repeatedly that the Rockets ran bench called plays. Posting screenshots of the Rockets point guard signalling for a horns alignment. Fifty comments later each after an emphatic face palm I just gave up. Stupid is what stupid does. It is actually difficult to find a fan who believes that the Rockets call plays except out of ball stoppages. Try my best, and in real life I am a very persuasive individual, I cannot convince anyone of the truth around here. And I am the individual who paid for HMMMHMMMMM's right to edit his posts. Probably a mistake in retrospect.

I could go on and on. But dwelling on ignorance depresses me. There perhaps are ten commenters here that I respect because they keep their noses out of what they do not understand. There is Clutch, the ultimate fan, who always seems to be holding back his wisdom. And then there is Bima. The one person I trust explicitly when he posts an article or comment. On his area of expertise. Clutch should have me on his podcasts and not Bima. I understand NBA basketball and the Rockets direction. God I put enough time into it. NylonCalculus is well below my level of analysis. I after all am a statistician.

#64 jtr, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you think jtr's post is too long to read, here is an abstract for you:

Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid and therefore is worthy of being ridiculed by me. So either ban me permanently or let me back in the GARM so that I can start ridiculing all the stupid people who disagree with me.

1 person likes this.
  6. BamBam

[​IMG]

First thing I thought of after jtr's post! Love McHale in this gif!...:eek:

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks for the "jtr For Dummies" cliff notes

1 person likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Weird, I don't really notice all the horrible posts in the GARM. Maybe because I'm very selective on the threads I enter.

However, I must say that the GARM has suffered tremendously since JCDenton stopped blessing us with his graphical analytics.

1 person likes this.
  9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Fun fact #1: You too can do gorilla dunks at six feet tall and 50 years old. With $40K of elective surgery and a year of physical therapy. That is what Newtonian physics and the simple equations defining the mathematics of the fulcrum state. Two cm tendon extension in your knees and hips. 3/4 of an inch total. To bad you will probably spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair because it will be a rare person that can goad two cm tendon lengthening. Graphene tendons are decades away.

Difficult fact #1: The trivial laws of probability state that an unbiased observer should be right about 50% of the time when predicting a heads/tails outcome of a fair toss. To bad no sports fan is ever unbiased. In unscientific polls I have found that Rockets fans are dead wrong over 90% of the time when assessing Houston's NBA team. Generally they have no idea what the question is or what they are saying.

Fun fact #2: Drug testing is just the start in the NBA. In thirty years we will be witnessing full genome testing for animal genetic insertions. A sixteen year old with the ball fourteen feet above the court? Cat genes inserted. I have a sixteen pound cat that easily leaps straight up eight feet. You get the idea.

Difficult fact #2: Unless you have full access to SportVu or preferably Synergy data you cannot do sports analysis anymore. I offered Synergy $5000 a year for access to their SQL databases and they did not even respond to my calls and e-mails. No more statistical analysis from me. So sorry.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wow. You put Clutch on the hot seat. He must comply

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

jtr you are a trip. I want to kiss you.

I really hope this is just a character you play on the internet and not real life though.

12. BamBam

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. jbasket

jbasket Member

One day, jtr, one day...

Never stop posting :)

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Idiot has some mansion overlooking some beach somewhere in NY (according to him)

Why do you even cry about getting into the GARM? Why do you keep coming back? Leave that for us poor folks.

Fun Fact #1: You don't much about the NBA as you would like to think.

Difficult Fact #1: Get off your high horse and realize that you're an average basketball fan - a highly insecure one at that.

Fun Fact #2: You won't be missed in the GARM nor will your SVU data.

Difficult Fact #2: Clutch is NOT going to let you back in irrespective of your constant threats and tantrums.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All he has to do is just create another account. Also if you log out your name, you can view the garm. For some number crunching pencil pushing office space cat, you not that bright and your hair is dusty

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I missed this part before. My goodness, you need help.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who is this guy?

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A stats version of you. Gateeeeemmm.

1 person likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

that's not possible,
    there is no version of 99ers cause every 99er is original.
    I drop plenty of stats, lots of win loss, especially playoffs.

why's he talking about BIMA? he's not on BIMA's level.

BIMA is the 99er of the year.

NWA
    Ninety Niners with Attitude

#79 tinman, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Ok, I read some of his post.

He failed at the #1 requirement.

He's not here as a Rockets fan, he doesn't show that in his heart he's Olajuwon.

He's heart shows he's skip bayless or steven a smith, just wanting attention.

he's not here for the original reasons.

he's not here for why Clutch created Clutchfans .

He's a bolton.