1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WORST MOMENT OF THE 02-03 SEASON !!! HOOORIBLE !!! :O)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Aug 14, 2003.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

this has got to be the worst moment of the 2002-2003 season. absolutely, positively... HOOORIBLE !!!!

this is the biggest tragedy in the entire history of the nba.

whoever said "it's gotta be the shoes" was sorely mistaken. terrible. i lost partial vision in my left eye because those... those... UGLY SHOES!!!

may God have mercy on his soles... errr... soul.

(admins, please don't lock this thread. it's not any worse than the other threads in garm... is it? well... maybe it is, but... i mean, there are theads about francis' shoes... right?) :D

[​IMG]

soooo... ummmm... what did you think of the shoes?

#1 OmegaSupreme, Aug 14, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  2. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Given that he was laying homage at the temple of Jordan it's not so bad. Wait a minute, it's a lot worse than "not so bad", those shoes are horrible, the worst!!! I concur with your assessment; have mercy on his soles.

I bet those shoes aren't available on Xbox ESPN Basketball. You can create a 10" mohawk'd freek of a 7'4" 375 lb. point guard, but you won't have those shoes as an option.

3. calbear

calbear Contributing Member

they're not THAT bad...
    [​IMG]

jermaine's were better though:
    [​IMG]

4. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

THOSE WERE SHOES are so ugly... but the worst moment was ever losing a game to Cleveland.. The rockets dissapoint me so much.. They always had so many games won but yet they didnt win them... remember when harpring shot the three at the buzzer therefore tying the game sending it to overtime and the jazz winning... ALTHOUGH THE WE DID GET REVENGE THE NEXT NIGHT... but there are to many bad moments to count... or to type them all

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Hey alright! I got those exact same shoes except their predominantly white with black, good basketball shoes.

6. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

I also have the same shoes.. But to me they are junk shoes.. I dont like basketball shoes... I purposely use them to do work... Like outside work. i get them muddy.. scratch them...

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ummm... yes they are. :D monstrosity!

if this is the first thing that pops into your head when looking at the shoes of a towering 7'6" guy, then something is definitely wrong.

[​IMG]

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

i like the shoes...yall can debunk them, call them ugly, mow the grass with them, step in smelly stuff, whatever...

bUt these shoes showed to me a uniqueness and differentness that is new, great and refreshing...In fact I think this is the best idea since they proclaimed Grant Hill as having skills since he drank Sprite and the wholesome novelty that propaganda created...We just need to embrace the value of contrasting and how this aspect makes it so...

9. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

I love 'em. Way to go Yao........way to say F*** what other people think, and give them a little personality. At least he has some originality in his fashion sense. This just shows how some people can't accept change and have that run-of-the-mill mentality. Just because it is not what other people wear, isn't trendy, or just because it is not what you would wear, doesn't mean it isn't cool or ok. I'm sure you guys wear clothing or shoes that Yao and/or I would laugh at.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Actually the reason he wore those shoes was becuase everyone was paying respect to Jordan by wearing his shoes from the past and the only one they had that fit Yao were the ugly carolina blue shoes. That was said by Yao in the interview at the all stars. Poor guy had to be made fun of for so long about it though. The overall worst part of the all star game was the fact that he barely played.

11. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

Let's be honest, the reason why he was wearing those digs was for the cajing ( $ )

Plain and simple

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I was under the impression that all 7'6" guys had a tendency to tower. Is there a new non-towering type I'm not aware of yet? ;)

Calling Department of Redundancy Department...

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Worst moment of the season had to be when Yao was made to look ridiculous by Stephon Marbury.

Of course, that was followed up the next night by Yao's breakout performance in LA, perhaps one of the best moment of the season.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, the worst moment of the year was when we found out that K9 cried when he was told he got traded.

If I were Eddie, and Rudy called me into his office as Kenny was leaving, I would have said, "Coach, take me out of the running for the starting PF job. Kenny deserves the job and needs it. I'm younger and can manage."

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ha. Then that would have required MoT to say "Rudy, take me out of the rotation. EG is young and needs PT to develop. With KT starting, EG can back him up and I will be fine sitting my limited game on the end of the bench with Jason and my $48 MIL dollars".

Its all Mo's fault.

16. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

i think the worst moment of the 02 -03 season was when marburry broke yaos ankles:eek:

17. BALLhog 247 365

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That website has this banner that nearly gave me a seziure

19. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

The worst moment of the year had to be when Stevie punted the basketball into the air. That represented out demoralized our team was after Rudy was diagnosed with cancer and we had lost our playoff hopes. That was one of the saddest moments in Rockets history for me.

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Worst moment of the year? Whenever Moochie came into the game, of course.