1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Wow - first time seeing those. I want them but the internet tells me I'm too late. If Hardens shoe is anywhere in that vein, I'm getting them immediately.

2. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

Nike Roshe copy. Two ugly ass shoes. Look like Ham Samiches. They sold because Kanye name sake..but the High top Yeezy look much better. They keep making shoes that look like that and Jordan will remain the cream of the crop.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Those are better looking than the Roche they woulda sold with or without Kanye name behind them. There a hot show homie.

4. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

ok

Ill give you that..they do look a lil better than the Roche. But they are only a hot show :)confused:) because they are cheap. Trust, if you buy a pair of Air Jordans for your kid on Christmas they will smile ear to ear. If you buy that Roche they gonna look at you like you wiped **** on em. But the Yeezys are gonna sell off his name alone. Thats why i said earlier i hope Kanye makes Hardens shoe.

5. ipa

ipa Member

I donno why but I'd like to see Yoji Yamamoto design Harden's kicks...

Y-3 line looks hot as hell!

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Fantasma Negro

Yeah but if he designs them they're gonna cost $500

8. ipa

ipa Member

nah man, y-3 prices are lower than that...
    250-300... on par with nikes and jordans...

What do I care? I am still not a sneaker guy...
    I'd rather see harden look fly on the court! :D

9. Fantasma Negro

The new J. Wall 2. Dear God I'm hoping Harden has better designer cause this **** is just lazy
    [​IMG]

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hot damn. Spalding shoes look better than that.

11. AFS

AFS Member

I'm also interested to see what kinda logo they make for Harden. I saw one suggestion on reddit to have an HJ with the J going underneath the H to make a beard, which I thought could be a cool idea if executed right.

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Wow those Walls are super ugly!! if adidas wants to take some sorta market share in basketball they need to up their game big time

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

These are nice. Nicer compared to JW's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kicks and Colors: D Lillard 1 team pack opens up four new colorways (by <a href="https://twitter.com/tdnewcomb">@tdnewcomb</a>) <a href="http://t.co/3fjtY8prlZ">http://t.co/3fjtY8prlZ</a> <a href="http://t.co/dJ5WtXcqG0">pic.twitter.com/dJ5WtXcqG0</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/634213343214075904">August 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. i3artow i3aller

I think James' signature sneaker will end up being a sleeker version of their new knit low-tops.
    [​IMG]

15. i3artow i3aller

Ideally they give him a 3 Stripes version of the Kobe 8.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why does Wall's shoes get so much hate? I would definitely rock these in a low or mid.

[​IMG]

Tim Duncan's all star shoes were dope too.

[​IMG]

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I like Wall's shoes. Specifically the away navy blue/white ones.

I feel like Harden won't have ugly shoes. He's very creative and that's what this whole business between him and Adidas is based around. Harden's creativity. Adidas has some pretty creative people on its roster, but unfortunately most of them aren't hoopers.

Adidas does show they they themselves can creative pretty nice looking shoes. At least casual or running shoes. Not so much on basketball shoes, but I blame the athletes on that.

These are just some recent Adidas footwear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now those are look cool, right? At least sort of cool? Those aren't made by athletes like Lillard, Rose, Dwight or Wall. None of those guys seem like guys who are genuinely interested in innovative fashion like Harden is.

Here is the basketball shoe most Adidas players will be wearing. Except this one has a twist on it. It will be a Minnesota Timberwolves Andrew Wiggins colorway. Yes, the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft is signed by Adidas, and he has his own colorway which is VERY interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, they're pretty good, right? They'll look good on Wiggins when he's playing on the road, right? The Canadian maple leaf being patterned over the shoe doesn't look ugly at all. His logo isn't ugly either. AW with a maple leaf in the A. These are probably the shoes James Harden will wear next season. They're called Adidas Crazylight boost 2015s and he'll like get his own white/red home and red/yellow away versions as soon as October comes. Harden likely won't come out with his very own signature shoe until next season or when he turns 27. Much like Stephen Curry.

I trust Adidas and Harden to make fashionable BUT elite basketball performance shoes.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Adidas biggest weakness is creating high tops shoes. They are all painfully ugly. But I really like their low tops. Harden will have a lot of cool color ways dropping throughout the season. Hopefully they also work on signature socks.

19. Handles

Handles Member

Wall's all-star shoe wasn't half bad:

[​IMG]

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i hope adidas gets their **** together and comes out with some bomb ass shoes for harden.

do something new... not like tmac with the wires... but something new - he's your new face, if they want to compete with nike/jordan and these new asia brands they gotta step up their game

that and they need to mirror the nike sizes in apparel