1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris likes Houston as a possible new destination.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 13, 2015.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Not to mention those long freaking arms. Could shoot over anybody. I don't think there is anybody in the league who really reminds me of Sheed. Plus, ppl forget that Sheed came off the bench behind Brian Grant in Portland for a long time. Comparing Markieff to him is delusional.

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

ATTITUDE - Both Morris Bros butted heads with coach as I understand it.

Don't need a bad attitude from a marginal player.

PASS.....

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you trade for MM, you're unloading around the same you are taking in with his salary. So it doesn't hurt you and doesn't help you in that case.

That being said, that same notion is still where the people who are pushing for this trade are all wrong about it.

The Rockets would have to give up ALOT (not Papanikoalou/Dorsey type players) to make the salaries match. Morris is good, but is he THAT GOOD to warrant gutting your team or someone like Trevor Ariza?? I dunno... probably not. That's the more relevant topic that folks here & those commenting in the media can't seem to grasp.

As for the Summer of Durant, the case is still the same either way. The Rockets aren't going to have clear max cap space most likely either way so a S&T would most likely be inevitable much like with the LMA pursuit, and the Bosh pursuit before.

Don't worry too much about cap-space next year. Worry first about Durant saying "I want to go to Houston". Then from that point on you have leverage to go from there with a S&T, or at the worst, clear out cap space by shipping out players to teams like Philly when you absolutely have to.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Jones is better, that's why.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree that its unlikely that we trade for him before Dec 15th when KJ and Hayes/Thornton become available.

My trade proposal would be something like Jones, KJ and Hayes for Morris and Leuer(TPE)

6. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

He isn't that good. His attitude sucks. He's another chemistry/locker room risk...we have our hands full already integrating TY. His cost exceeds his talent.

7. rockets13champs

Only if he is bought out.. He can be our draymond green type player

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

..... how so?

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

strech/mid-game 4

10. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Did someone just suggest Jones + Assets for Morris?!

Are you out of your mind?

If the offer includes Jones, you request assets to come with Morris..

He's the risk here... Not T-Jones..

11. Fantasma Negro

Because Jones is better

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I agree with the notion that he would be good on our team. But does anyone not consider what we have to give up???
    KJ was just signed. So he won't be tradable until December. We literally can't get him unless we were willing to part with Ariza, which would be stupid, or both Dmo and Jones, which again would be stupid and also would require our rookies.

13. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

Markieff can pretend like he's a shot caller and prefer whichever team he wants. Doesn't change the fact he can't be his own man and escape the twin moniker. When that happens and he's ready to ball and not bi*ch than i'd welcome him.

14. malakas

malakas Member

the "alpha" and the instigator is Marcus. Before he was traded to the Suns Markieff wasn't acting up. Marcus was also the one who did the beating.

15. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

These twins remind me of the blockheads from the old gumby show. Always causing trouble because they are attached at the hip it seems.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's not a bad player, but he's not an upgrade. And I think the attitude from the Morris' have sucked so far, so no thanks.

1 person likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm sure Suns made empty promises.
    It's not like they were whining about being separated when Marcus was in Houston.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So what I got out of this thread is that this nutcase can be the next Rasheed Wallace or, at worst, the next Draymond Green......:rolleyes:

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if Jones is outright better, they are pretty close, it's certainly debatable.

Hover, Morris has pretty big character issues, you can count on Jones to not be a cancer. Just watch out if you're a homeless dude.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]