1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets will host Spurs on Christmas Day, Warriors on New Year’s Eve (2015-16 Schedule)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2015.

?

How Many Games will the Rockets win in 2015-16 Season?????

1. < 40

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 40-50

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. 50-60

123 vote(s)
    63.7%
  4. > 60

64 vote(s)
    33.2%
  1. anchel

anchel Member

So Dwight will play as much as 62 games, cool. I thought the new commissioner would try to erase B2Bs from schedule, games that really affect the quality of the product and increase the risk of player injuries. We'll have to wait.

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Rockets will have 2 separate 5-game road trips...will have 4 separate 3-game home stands. No 5- or 6-game home stretches like last year.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

Cool thanks we usually get the Spurs at home Preseason, I have season tickets so I'm just ready ASAP

4. malakas

malakas Member

at least the knicks are cut down to only 7.
    And the funny thing is that his years Knicks team should be much better than the lakers one.

5. zito08

zito08 Member

Sure will I will either wear a harden shirt or a Howard shirt/jersey

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Nah. You speak of details...
    Too early in the season (2nd game!) to beat a super well gelled Dubs team.
    We split 1-1 with the Grizz, and both the Thunder and Clips are 2nd night of a back to back.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA 2016: Pelicans play 28 games more rested than their opps, most overall. Celtics have 15 games with more rest. <a href="http://t.co/QXrjtNsbLI">pic.twitter.com/QXrjtNsbLI</a></p>&mdash; Ed Küpfer (@EdKupfer) <a href="https://twitter.com/EdKupfer/status/631614423069683712">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DET, GSW, HOU, LAC, MIL: all have 20 back to backs, most overall. MIN and PHO have 14 each, least overall.</p>&mdash; Ed Küpfer (@EdKupfer) <a href="https://twitter.com/EdKupfer/status/631614882132070400">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Knicks play 25 games vs teams on 2nd game of back-to-backs, POR/IND tied for #2 with 22 games. TOR play just 10 games vs unrested opponents.</p>&mdash; Ed Küpfer (@EdKupfer) <a href="https://twitter.com/EdKupfer/status/631615596220645376">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

#67 J.R., Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Its a good thing were deep! That's right NBA, Rockets are Stacked!

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Clutchfans need to stop being so negative. We got a Portland Trailblazers 2013 schedule. Remember that year? Lillard was a sophomore who talked too much. Portland was projected anywhere from 7th-10th. It was a realistic possibility that they would miss the playoffs.

Then the NBA gifted them a cakewalk Nov-Dec. By the time their scheduled did toughen up, they had gained so much confidence that their play raised itself accordingly, and by March they were formidable. They took that confidence, and the luckiest luck ever to grace an NBA starting line-up, into the playoffs and knocked us out in 6 games in embarrassing fashion.

So stop complaining if our schedule is tough late. By the time Christmas rolls around we should have Lawson on the roster. And before you know it, we could literally be as good as 16-4 as some posters have mentioned.

The NBA is doing us a favor! By the time our schedule gets tough, we will undoubtedly be one of the West's top two favorites for the one seed. This may be the first year in a long time that we actually have a chance to top our previous franchise high for wins (58 I think).

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets getting respect playing on Christmas.... even more respect hosting the game.

Didn't we have a multi-year run of hosting TOR on New Year's?

11. Raven

Raven Member

Seventy six days until regular season starts. :p

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Think you're thinking of Atlanta.

13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

My Top Games

1. February 9th, 2016 - @ Golden State
    I'd put the first meeting, but I fear won't have Lawson. This will have given both teams time to gel and really hit their stride. We'll be in a raucous Oracle arena (best crowd in the NBA?) and no doubt Harden and Curry will be in the thick of the MVP race. To be the best, ya gotta beat the best. WOO!

2. December 25th, 2015 - vs. San Antonio
    Who else hyped that we get a Xmas game and will be rocking our Vanilla Coke jerseys? I-45 rivalry heats up, and one of these two teams will for sure be winning the division. Also by this time, we will see who's had the bigger impact: Lawson or Aldridge? Will Spurs be able to stop Lawson? Does D-Mo have enough sand in his pants to halt Aldridge? Find out next time on DragonBall Z...

3. April 3rd, 2016 - vs. Oklahoma City
    The 'Winner gets Durant' series. But seriously, these games are always crazy intense and competitive. The Thunder will have a new coach and I'm sure by this time, we'll know where they stand as well as us. It'll be interesting to see how much Donovan effects their performance, if at all, and whether Durant is healthy still and if he's meshing well with MVP-level Westbrook.

4. March 29th, 2016 - @ Cleveland
    Why away and not at home? Because the 'Ketchup-and-Mustard- bowl is a thing of beauty. We wear our red & yellows, and they can wear their yellows & reds. Cleveland is going to come out of the East - this will be a HELL of a warm-up game for when we meet them in the Finals (knock on wood). Here's to another epic Harden-LeBron duel everybody!

5. March 16th, 2016 - vs. L.A. Clippers
    Why do two of our games against them come off back-to-backs? Just curious. The 'Josh Smith Homecoming' game. Look for him to have a 5-15 night. But seriously - everyone claims the Clippers are better than us, whilst I feel we have a slight edge. This series should be crazy close and I imagine there will be some saltiness from our West-coast foes. Let's hope with Lawson in tow, we'll have finally overcome the Clippers for good.

6. March 5th, 2016 - @ Chicago
    These new Saturday night ABC games will be awesome. They're the betas in the East. Always great to see Rose in action, so let's hope he hasn't torn anything, eh? Can Harden burn Butler? Or will Buckets trim the Beard? Is Noah officially on the downtrend? Let's hope so D12 can destroy shop in the paint.

7. March 2nd, 2016 - vs. New Orleans
    Let's face it - Pelicans are a pain in our ass. Anthony Davis is a future MVP and the next dominant PF in this league. Depending on how successful we are, this could be a potential first round match-up right here. Watch to see a young superstar in action, and how Motiejunas and Jones have improved on defense (if at all).

8. March 14th, 2016 - vs. Memphis
    Grit and Grind against Run and Gun. People always sleep on Memphis, but they're so good. Always just one piece away. May not be the most entertaining squad to watch, but they are deadly and a good gauge of our team's readiness heading into the post-season. Again, another opportunity for Motiejunas and Jones to show if they can handle the big men out West (or do we need to bring out Chuckwagon?)

9. December 17th, 2015 - @ L.A. Lakers
    This will likely be Kobe's last season, so we have to enjoy it while we can. What better way to do so than having us blow out his mish-mash squad by 40? Whilst having Dwight laughing and smiling the entire game. Pls.

10. February 4th, 2016 - @ Phoenix
    Only reason this is on here is because I, as well as everyone here I'm sure, want Harden to rip the hearts out of Suns fans at the buzzer...AGAIN.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lakers 19 national games? :rolleyes:

15. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Damn, our first 2-3 weeks are brutal

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

No they aren't. WE are the ones who knock!

[​IMG]

17. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Flashseats is the marketplace that all season ticket holders use, so the selection is biggest there. Like all secondary marketplaces there are fees that add to the price, but there are better quality seats listed than what you can get directly from the box office. The Rockets themselves will make individual tickets available sometime near early October. Last year they only offered tickets at this first stage for games that came through December 31st. Tickets for games that were from January on were available at the beginning of December.

All this to say, pick Flashseats instead of Stubhub, and you can wait for the Rockets to post them themselves, but I don't recommend it.

18. Convictedstupid

Anyone know when single game tix go on sale?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

April's schedule not bad to finish out strong for seeding purposes.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I see a strong 59 win season