1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video] Jordan Hill arrested for reckless driving

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So he was guilty of driving while black. Amirite?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope he is not getting together with our guy Ty who just checked out of rehab.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hill don't look anywhere near 6'10 in that video, more like 6'5 at most unless those cops were like 6'4 ish.

4. Classic

Classic Member

This whole message looks so f**k up and sad but that's what it is.

5. brooksstephens

For the race-baiting trolls in here (okay so maybe it's just one), Jayson Werth, white guy for the Washington Nationals, had to do FIVE DAYS in jail for doing 105 in a 55 in Virginia.

Do some critical thinking.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

also nice to see someone not going out of their way to be a jerk and belligerent to cops. All around, well played.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you are young and may not realize this, but your behavior makes you an *******.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A reckless driving ******* that causes pile ups and whatnot killing a bunch of other people and ruining lives. Hill was doing 107 or faster since other drivers reported his vehicle which meant he was basically doing way more than that and slowed down to 107 when he saw the trooper car..

Driving like this you have to be pulled over. I'm a defender of Civil Rights and am aware of the injustices people of color have to face. But in this case and the Bland case, where she had three prior license suspensions, and continued to change lanes without signalling is not about race but removing an ******* wielding a deadly vehicle such as a car without consideration of pedestrians or other motorists. Bad drivers make America very miserable and it's time to catch them all.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This ain't about race-baiting, its about self awareness.

I am very sure there were many white guys got arrested before under the similar circumstances but what I am saying is : comparing to the Hill situation, which is a strong black guy riding a nice SUV being shirtless and with tattoos all over his body, he will have a higher chance being detained.

Like it or not, that's the way how this society works.

This is not about black or white issue, this is about reality that you do not put yourself into that kind of situation.

There are also many white guys got shot by black cops every year in this country, how many out cries or riots you have seen from those deaths?

Not everything is just that simple of right and wrong or black and white, and sometime even it looks like you have a choice, you really don't.

If you have someone broke into your house to rob you, you should protect yourself and fight him, but most of the time, you actually should surrender and hope he will go away without you being harmed.

If you see someone driving like an idiot on the road, you should horn him and warning him stop being an idiot. But in fact you won't, because you afraid you could be shoot to death.

It is what it is.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

except when it's not, then it isn't

11. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/okMY_o3F8rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take it to the track Jhill.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

While I do agree cops can be overzealous I would say the reason they were calm and professional is because Hill was calm and very cooperative with them. If you are respectful and don't get mad at cops for doing your job you will usually be treated okay. I am glad Hill acted like a human being and didn't resist since he was the one breaking the law.

Good on the cops for handling it properly. The last thing we need is 2 bald white middle aged cops to treat a black athlete poorly right now. Are these guys twins?

Of course, there are special cases and I guess they are trained to handle angry belligerent people all of the time. I know I have been angry at cops before and it is usually because I was angry at myself and the fact that I got caught.

13. brooksstephens

[​IMG]

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When did i say awesome car? I'm saying capable car. A car that has capable traction on the tires, capable brakes, stability at high speeds and good handling, certain cars are to be completely controllable at high speeds.

I'm not saying that's my car or me, i'm saying that it's not out of control for good drivers with capable cars , I personally don't have the cubes to dive in and out of tight spots in traffic and never have because it's dangerous because I'm a new driver and my car although sporty is still not a better handling car, it's also heavy making breaking worse. But if I have a wide open straight away in the fast lane, i'm not scared to hit 90 or 100 for a couple seconds.

That wasn't my point, an expensive car is likely much more stable, has much better handling and breaking at high speeds then say a ****ty Toyota with spare tires on it (which is usually the type of car that's hauling ass)

I don't drive like that, the worse thing I do, is if I have a empty straight away (I don't switch lanes at high speeds, only straight aways) on the high way I will take my car up to 90 or 100 momentarily until Ill break back down to 80 or 70. You guys are crazy if you think going 90 or 100 on a emptey high lane for a second is an ******* thing. Everybody goes about 80 anyways when it's not traffic time.

Jeez people.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'll just say that regardless of how experienced a driver one is or how good at handling their car is, they should not be diving in and out of traffic at such high speeds. "Good drivers" do not have complete control of the road. The faster they drive, the less control they have of their own car, and they have zero control over how other cars will react as they're whizzing by them.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But what about when the not nothings itself?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Your post is confusing, you're blurring lines between being reasonable and trying to inject race everywhere.

You're right - "self-awareness", universally, would mean don't drive 100 mph and have the general appearance of a slob.

It doesn't mean injecting superstition into what seems to be a straightforward scenario.

"It is what it is" is circular logic, and then you took it alllllll the way down the slippery slope to:
    'you could warn him, but you're afraid of being shot'.

Verdict: trolling.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I can not be more clear on this.

Since you agree on this point : You're right - "self-awareness", universally, would mean don't drive 100 mph and have the general appearance of a slob.

You are basically agreed that we do judge people on perception other than the actual action/fact itself.

If driving 100 mph is wrong, which indeed it is, then how does it matter if the guy is shirtless or wearing a suit?

In a perfect world, it should not. But we are not living in a perfect world and hence perception will always be there.

If you will find this kind of thinking to be racist and offensive, think about when people are buying a house, there are websites out there that you can search what are the race population in this zip code, eg. like white is 80%, black is 7%, Hispanic being 10% and Asian 3%, ect. And even some property agents will share such info to their potential clients too.

How can this not be more offensive than this scenario we are talking about? And how come those websites aren't being taken down and agents being punished?

Like I said above, my comments was never about pointing out those cops being racist, instead when I said "the whole thing was f**k up and sad" was basically pointing out Hill putting himself in a very bad position to get arrested.

Yes, driving 100 mph itself is the fact and the key, but if you really believe the other factors such as he is shirtless, being a very strong black guy with tattoos all over while driving a nice car, that do not have any effects on those cops decisions to detain him.

Well, then believe whatever you want to believe, this is not North Korea.

20. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Best in terms of what? Certainly not reliability; it usually ranks last in reliability ratings.