1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming or Ben Wallace? Cuttino Mobley or Richard Hamilton?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SLA, Aug 13, 2003.

?

Hamilton or Mobley? Wallace or Yao?

1. Cuttino Mobley

94 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Richard Hamilton

93 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. Yao Ming

220 vote(s)
    94.0%
  4. Ben Wallace

28 vote(s)
    12.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

anyone who picks Ben deserves a punch to the face.

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I choose both Ben and Yao.

Quick Question : Who's more fundamentally sound? Ben Wallace or Dirk Nowitzki?

3. WLH

WLH Member

So far 18 people have chosen Ben Wallace over Yao. Unbelievable. But I do agree and have thought often how nice it would be to have Wallace as our pf.

4. prlen

prlen Member

I choose both Ben and Yao.

5. never

never Member

sigh......
    Don't you know Yao is the king of poll?;) :D

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

people come on, i also voted for Yao (and rip). but you al make it sound like Ben is a scrub, He is a great defensive center, i think every team in the west would love to have him as center, only La and us not. But do not make it sound like Ben is not a good center, just because he plays in the east, i agree the east sucks, but Wallace would also play great in the west, he is a extremly strong and iontensive player, Maybe he is more of a power forward, But wouild you rather have divac at your center or Wallace? or maybe the great Olowokandi? I agree hat i rather would have you, especially, since he is so much younger, and maybe the next best center. But lets all respect Wallace.

7. tubasound

tubasound Member

Well, if its teh rebounds and blocks what lacks in Houston, then it would be nice to have Ben around. He's tougher than anyone els in the league whereas Yao just has to accomodate to the physical game in the NBA. But if you look in the future, there's probably the best Center in the NBA on the rise, both offensively and defensively. With Ben on board the Rox wouldn't be champs this year either. but with Stevie and Yao both in their primes you'll have an serious contender. Clearly Yao!!!!!

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Toooooo NASTY!!!

9. egn

egn Member

With Wallace as the Rockets 4, everyone in the west would FEAR the paint!!!!

10. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

What kind of pole is this? Isn't the answer obvious, cmon? Let's see a guy who is 22, has skills ALL AROUND, and has more potential than arguably anyone in the NBA vs. a guy who only has defense, is 7 years older, and has no offensive potential. Hmmm that's a real tough one....

Then we got a great shooting guard who can get to the hole just about as good as anyone and has a great contract vs. a guy who does the same thing with MAYBE a little better skills and MILLIONS MORE in contract, that's another brain-buster isn't it....

STEVE, YAO, CAT, AND THE ROCKETS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

No one answered my question, and here I thought I was a Master Baiter.

12. Sane

Sane Member

My God, I'd give up soo much just to see a Yao/Wallace combo up front. But dammit, the only thing the Pistons would take is Steve.

However, I would always be worried about teams being comfortable leaving Wallace, and double teaming Yao incessantly.

I think Elton brand is the best compliment to Yao.

As for the comparisons, Rip over Mobley and obviously Yao over Wallace.

Come on, no matter how good Wallace is, we SAW how Yao abused him last season. The moves he put on Big Ben make syou think "there actually WERE some bright spots last season!!"

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while you obviously take the 22 year old who is 7'5, has skills, knows the game, and very well could be the next great center, saying yao abused big ben last season is stretching it. in the first meeting, ben manhandled yao and got him all tangled up in his own moves and yao was horrible. i don't remember the result of the second meeting (except i think we lost), except for that ferocious slam right in ben's face (play like that more yao!!), but saying he abused ben last year is a stretch.

there will be plenty of time for ben abusing in the future though.