1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Training Camp/ Preseason Fodder Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Jul 30, 2015.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2015/06/28/lessons-learned-former-clemson-star-deandre-hopkins-sharing/29426945/

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I've agreed with quite few things you've wrote on here before. But you're hatred towards AJ is off the chains. Every time someone brings him up you quickly come on here to run his name in the mud. Why though, what is your reason? Better yet what did this man do to you?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You still haven't actually argued against anything I said.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You've never made a compelling argument for anything you've said, whether it's you're love for Fitzpatrick and Xavier or your hate for Andre.

So now does one argue against something that doesn't exist?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I don't expect you to be able to follow along well enough to do so, but I have higher expectations for others.

For example, this is how I would argue against the stupid comment you just made.

I think anyone paying attention (read: not you) would realize that I never had any "love" for FItzpatrick, and I don't care that he's gone. I just accurately portrayed his performance with the Texans, which was a lot better than anyone, especially me, was expecting. If you had a long enough attention span and memory, you'd remember that I was VERY against signing Fitz in the first place....but again, I don't hold you to those lofty standards because you've shown time and time again that you cant' meet the standard.

As to "hate for Andre", I don't have that either. I'm just not willing to be blinded by the player he once was like so many around here are. His attitude was unacceptable his last year here...really his last 2. Also his performance has been dropping for quite a while now, but we kept forcing the ball to him vs looking to go to better receivers. That's NOT "hate", that's just the objective, dispassionate truth.

Also, you mean to say "your" not "you're", I know that's a simple mistake but when you say "you are" when you are meaning to show ownership, it kills whatever you are saying, even if it happened to be otherwise intelligent. In a happy coincidence, this time the rest of what you were saying was not otherwise intelligent, so it wasn't ruining a good comment.

6. Mr. Clutch

Whenever you resort to pointing out grammar mistakes, you know you've lost.

Statistics show that is more true than even Godwin's Law.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that was well after I thoroughly and completely destroyed your foolish statement right?

I did that afterwards because on top of making awfuly foolish statements, you showed that you didn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" and I hoped you might learn something while reading about how your "Fitz and Dre" comments were ill-conceived.

If I can help just one person a day learn what words actually mean, the internet will eventually be a better place.

8. Mr. Clutch

Claiming you destroyed someone's statement on the internet has been statistically proven (within a 95% confidence interval) to show that you did nothing of the kind.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, again, I don't expect you to follow along. Thanks for trying though.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyway, back to football.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You said 'this is how I would argue against...' but you never actually argued -- point to Mr. Clutch.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it seems Mr.Clutch isn't the only person here with reading comprehension problems. No worries. If you can read what I wrote and still think that, there's no point arguing with you about it.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

eh, Bobby is correct in regards to Andre and Fitz.

As many know, I defended Fitz throughout the season because he performed better than expected…not because he performed amazingly well. I said, before the season started, that Fitz would have his best season as a pro and that he would be much better than people gave him credit for…and that was accurate. Was he the answer to our problems, no…but he did well given his skill set. Plus, not one person can knock his attitude and heart, the guy gave it his all and you can't ask for more than that as a fan of a team.

As far as Andre is concerned, he's a shell of his former self and he actually crippled the Texans offense more than he helped them. I love Andre and he goes down as one of my favorite Houston athletes of all time, but he was hurting us. We literally force fed him the ball despite his inability to create any separation, whatsoever. 11 ypr is terrible for a receiver that had 85 receptions on the year. Basically, we just did whatever we could to get him the rock to make him happy, even though it probably wasn't in the best interest of the offense. Basically, he was a Julian Edelman with 120 yards less after the catch.

Our offense will be much better off without him in the mix, as sad as it is to say it, but it's the truth.

If Mallett/Hoyer can run a quick tempo offense (something Fitz struggled with) and can really go to any direction on the field without the fear of hurting a receivers feelings (AJ80), then this offense will be much less frustrating to watch. Our defense will be very stout, so we just need our offense to be a little bit more efficient than last season.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for addressing the content of my argument.

I also agree that the offense could potentially be run much better by Mallett than it was by Fitz last year. Fitz has some real weakness to his game and it showed up more often than any Texans fan would like (though less than we were expecting). Mallett's cannon arm should add a dimension to the team missing before where the defense will have to stay stretched out for fear of a "F it I'm goin deep" moment where he throws the ball 40 or 50 yards down the field for Nuk or Strong to go up and get it...or for Nate Washington to simply out-run his corner. That's something we'll really need while Foster is out and the run game probably won't be dominant.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Maybe Nuk already knew Andre was going to be on his way out from talking to him. May have felt hurt/betrayed and is basically of the mentality of if you ain't with us your against us.

And also that is kind of a weird thing to say to him in the first place.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Players don't resort to that kind of chatter when random people show up to talk to them at a bar.

17. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I'd pretty much call b.s. on that story.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Exactly.

19. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Well as a Skins fan I can say that was against Nick Sundburg who isn't even on our depth chart as a center. He's our long snapper. All 267lbs of him. If he had done that against a Trent Williams or Brandon Scherff then I'd be more amazed.

20. vince

vince Member

Sounds so typical of people's validating sources. Maybe the original poster does think what he wrote was true. But every time it is the same scenario, "my friend ran into some important person at a bar........" And there are always people dopey enough to buy it :confused: