1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 28, 2015.

1. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I DOUBT CRANE EVEN GIVES THEM JERSEYS - guy looking for reason to s**t on Crane

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Seems like we are going to have a Valbuena/Carter platoon at 1B. Here are my separate lineup possibilities.

vs. RHP
    Altuve
    Gomez
    Correa
    Tucker
    Lowrie
    Gattis
    Rasmus
    Valbuena
    Castro/Conger

vs. LHP
    Altuve
    Gomez
    Correa
    Gattis
    Lowrie
    Carter
    Rasmus
    Conger
    Marisnick

Martin getting starts often giving guys some rest. Lineup with Springer is going to be absolutely deadly.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Smalls glove broke though.... and his hat really sucked. He was told to burn it, but he didn't follow directions because you still saw it on display at the end, when he was an adult who somehow kicked out the beloved Vin Scully to become PBP man for the Dodgers.

Smalls was pure evil, I tell you... he didn't even know who Babe Ruth was.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If Carter believes in sacrificing chickens, he should have done that a while back?

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Marvin could get more playing time at 1B than either Carter or Valbuena, he makes more contact at bat and could even hit as high as 2nd spot.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And when Springer will be coming back, I will not be surprised AJ will sit Gattis and put Tucker in the DH spot especially when we are facing RHP.

Tucker sucks on D on the field (same as Gattis if we use him as OF) but he is a much reliable hitter than Gattis this season so far.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Looking forward to next season, either Tucker or Gattis must be switched to 1B so that we can solve 2 problems with 1 move.

9. The Beard

We are in 1st place, just added two studs and another solid starter

And you are looking forward to next year?

Lol, damn man. Might want to look forward to the next couple of months, just sayin

10. The Beard

Depending on what happens in the next couple of hours, that will definitely be an option.

I love Tuckers bat, but we don't need his poor defense in LF anymore, especially when Springer returns

11. conquistador#11

ya ya, but that glove that smalls had was made out of plastic:p

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, if we are only looking for an upgrade for the next couple months, there is no big names on the market for position players now that worth to give up prospect with for a big upgrade.

Tucker and Gattis are that sexy, especially when you will consider their D on the fields and you only have 1 DH spot.

So if the Astros will be looking to trade for any players not as a pitcher, they will need to think about how to resolve this Tucker/Gattis combination.

Obviously, once Springer will be coming back, there is no position for Tucker in the OF.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Move Tucker to 3rd base and teach him to throw right handed

DD

14. The Beard

Oh I agree, and with Tucker being 3 years younger I would say there is a good chance he is the long term DH on this team.

Would be really interesting to really know who all is being discussed in trades right now

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Actually, Gattis is on a 1 year contract with the Astros paying him nothing.

The logical thinking will be he's gone after this year.

Same could be said about Valbuena and Collin McHugh and even Scott Feldman.

All these signings are similar to Lin/Asik/Greg Smith type, you take a gamble on these and hope you hit some kind of jackpots, well most of the time it doesn't and when your team will become better, you have to move on.

Ideally, if Tucker can at least play some average level of 1B next year, it will be good. Otherwise, he could be our DH next year.

16. The Beard

Gattis is arbitration eligible next year, free agent in 2019

McHugh is controlled until 2020

Valbuena arbitration next year and free agent 2017

Can't really compare baseball contracts situation with basketball as there is no cap to worry about in baseball. Gattis and McHugh, with that amount of control, are guys with good value.

Agree that Feldman is gone after next year, if not in the next two hours

17. i3artow i3aller