1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

smh dont men get enough heat from the pc police from their hands on women in 2015. Unless you want men to let the women win, their is no point of this

2. what

what Member

lol, you mean like lebron james, a young tiger woods, shaq, randy johnson, AP.

you truly do hate women.

So if I got you straight rousey really is just an average, run-of-the-mill athlete who beats up on smaller women and tricks the masses of people that adore what she does.

Where is your website at, I'd love to read some more ronda rousey hate.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I think Rhonda wants no part of that monster, but we'll see -- Dana said if she makes weight and performs well the fight is on. Cyborg says her next fight is at 140 so we won't have to wait very long.

4. what

what Member

if Rousey and Cyborg fight, it will be the biggest ppv in the history of mma, probably for the next 10 years.

That will be a fight that will be close to floyd-pac level. The hype for the fight will be tremendous.

5. The Joker

The Joker Member

Rhonda already said yes to fight Cyborg if she makes wait. All this crap about her avoiding the fight is made up bs. And Cyborg only has 1 chance against Rhonda, a KO. Rhonda can beat Cyborg any which way. Cyborg will end up another first round victim.

6. The Joker

The Joker Member

Sorry for the double post but the only real fight I think Rhonda has right now is when Joanna moves up in class. We shall see.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Cyborg stops with the steroids, cutting 10 pounds shouldn't be that hard.

8. VanityHalfBlack

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Love me some Rousey : http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...0-knockout-victory/ar-BBlk9Ca?ocid=spartandhp

Also from http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...ps-taking-steroids/ar-BBlkpUc?ocid=spartandhp :

Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino fights in Invicta because, at 145 pounds, there’s no women’s division for her in UFC. But Rousey is ready to fight Cyborg if she can get on the UFC champ's level.

“I’m prepared to deal with anything,” Rousey said, per FOXSports.com. “That’s why I’m the champ. I fight in the UFC 135 pound division. She can fight at 145 pumped full of steroids, and she can make weight just like everybody else without them.”

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Rousey tears her apart mate

11. cebu

cebu Member

Joe Rogan flirting with Rousey in the octagon. Nice Try.

12. The Joker

The Joker Member

I think it would be a better fight then anything else out there right now. Joanna has legit world champion muay thai. That isn't something to be ignore. But I agree, Rhonda wins just not as going away as these other fights.

13. KingCheetah

I'm not sure that Rhonda could do this... link

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

but you also can't ignore the weight difference. Ronda would be in a completely different stratosphere power-wise unless it was at some sort of catch-weight that Ronda struggled with.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ha.

NSFW language:
    [​IMG]
    I was more entertained by the nonsense and man vs. woman fight on the comments. Thanks for that one. :)

#935 SwoLy-D, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  16. dragician

dragician Member

I think Bethe got dizzy trying to avoid the barrage of punches Rousey was throwing..

17. KingCheetah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Izw4wb0XEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool full fight video from the stands.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Personally I'm not a big fan of Cyborg or Rhonda for that matter, but you, Rhonda and Dana White are conveniently leaving out one important truth; asking a fighter to move DOWN a division in weight is a lot harder than for one to move up. That especially true if the move down, is A: a whole division and B: the fighter is already normal/large for their division & has never fought or has been that light before.

There is a reason why, when GSP and Silva were in their primes, that the proposed superfight with them was set at a catchweight or for GSP to move UP. Or when Royce Gracie fought then 170lbs champ Matt Hughs it was at the catchwieght of 175lbs.

Cyborg has never fought at 135lb that I'm aware of in the past half decade and she is atleast to big 145lber. Dana and Rhonda requiring her to fight at 135lb is basically saying the unless she depletes herself making weight (assuming she can even do it), the fight will never happen.

Making the fight at 140lbs would seem like a reasonable solution if all parties (UFC, Rhonda, Cyborg) really wanted this fight. And please, dont buy the excuse that the UFC doesnt do catchweights as they've already done so with Gracie vs Hughs, if not others I cant recall.

1 person likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

edited for grammar.

But while I would love to see Cyborg vs Rhonda, I'm much more excited to watch Mcgregor vs Aldo, which thankfully, barring injuries, is a fight that we will get to see happen in the next year.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Part of being an MMA fighter is making weight. The UFC doesn't have a weight class for Cyborg, so if she wants to fight in the UFC, she has to cut weight. Simple as that.

If she stops taking the steroids, she should be able to cut the 10 pounds necessary to fight in the UFC. If not, well, she can stay in Strikeforce until the UFC makes a women's Featherweight division.