1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Difference of opinion, I suppose. Still think the allure of Taker isn't there anymore. And I would hope he looks healthy and agile - it's not like he wrestles year-round.

The fact that both Ambrose and Reigns dropped from the title picture (any titles) is a bit strange, though. And that "shield 2.0" is fighting "wyatt 2.0" means the writers don't know what to do - they've already had great matches before (2014?), but how often does a stable form, break up, and reform again for a long period of time, and have it be a success? Much less fight a stable doing the same thing?

I never said anyone was getting buried. We're just seeing the same old stuff even though Ambrose and Reigns were in the title picture a month or two ago. Directionless =/= buried.

Have Ambrose/Reigns go after the US or IC belts, or have them go against Rusev or Owens. Either scenario, imo, would be better than fighting the Wyatt family again.

With the way the main event ended last Raw, I could see Rusev v Owens or Sheamus v Owens down the line, which would be interesting.

2. 713

713 Member

anything happen on raw?

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Some good matches - Orton v. Owens and Cena v. Rollins.

Cena broke his nose in match. Worth watching.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ambrose buried by Show.
    Rollins tapping clean to Cena.

No Lesnar. No Taker. No Heyman.

Ambrose reunited with Reigns to maybe start a feud with the Wyatts, and now Ambrose is jobbing to Big Show (because the upstart needs it!) and Reigns didn't even make an appearance on Raw, iirc.

Kinda terrible Raw. Also, I'm already getting tired of the Divas revolution, and its been 2 weeks.

5. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Orton v Owens was strong. I thought Rollins v Cena was exceptional. PPV quality in my opinion and I was surprised it happened. I thought there would be a swerve early in the match, setting up the real fight at SummerSlam (which I still think is going to happen).

If there is a rematch at SS, for the love of God, keep the belt on Rollins.

I was baffled by Big Show beating Ambrose. All I can figure is they are building him up for the IC match at SS.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I know the big show winning literally excites nobody... But Ambrose shouldn't be beating him.

Like if the big show is going to lose it needs to be believeable and having him lose to Amrose on a random Raw is not best for business.

Plus babyfaces are supposed to lose on raw like 75% of the time so you watch again next week duh!

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Ambrose still came out on top after the match as Big Show lay knocked out and then did one of his best promos ever backstage.

I don't think him getting counted out made him look weak in the slightest. It only added to his character as "the cockroach you can't kill"

Rollins/Cena was fantastic.
    Sasha/Paige was the best match between the NXT women on RAW.
    The Wyatt Family rule.
    Stardust rules.
    Cesaro needs to be WWE Champ. But a WWE fued with Owens will be great for Summer Slam.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Rollins' superplex into a sitdown suplex (?) was so surprising and awesome looking, I'm surprised he didn't make that his new finisher. It was so well executed, compared to the handful of pedigrees we've seen that have never been taken cleanly. I don't get what they're trying to do with Cena winning by submission now. Make submitting look less demeaning?

And Rusev has been gold on the mic. Bray had a good promo too. I really hope this Big Show/Ambrose match was just to showoff Ambrose's moxie. A big show match would be a blemish on what's looking to be a good summerslam.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having Owens tap was quite possibly the worst decision they have made all summer. They did so much good with that feud, they could easily have Cena win a nail biter with both guys coming out looking string. Instead they just have Owens tap and it undercut all the good they did.

Rollins doesn't bother me as much. My problem with Rollins is that they have booked him to look so ridiculously weak. They need to give him some squash matches, or something to make him look really good. He can still play the cheating heel in the big matches.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Anyone know the presale code for NXT in Houston?

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Not yet but i'm sure Triple H will tweet it out tomorrow before 10

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NXTHouston?src=hash">#NXTHouston</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NXTAustin?src=hash">#NXTAustin</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NXTSanAntonio?src=hash">#NXTSanAntonio</a> tickets tomorrow at 10am CT with the code NXTLIVE at <a href="http://t.co/GY71IKkNCL">http://t.co/GY71IKkNCL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhileYouStillCan?src=hash">#WhileYouStillCan</a></p>&mdash; Triple H (@TripleH) <a href="https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/626831377930055680">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Owens tapping is part of the character... He will let out his agression now.

When will people start to realize it doesn't matter who wins or loses almost 99% of the tims

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not to mention they don't really want Owens looking to strong or getting the fans behind him t much.... Did anyone else notice that during the BattleGround match Owens seemed to be getting frustrated that the crowd wouldn't follow the story of the match? no matter what Owens did they cheered, that's why he screamed at Michael Cole, "are you calling it right?"

15. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Owens is a mid/high carder right now. He should be tapping to Cena after an intense 3 month feud. To me, he still came out looking strong.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Haven't watched wrestling in the last 6 or 7 years (since I was 11), but every year or 2 I go on a week binge where I buy/rent a WWE game and get back into it for a week or so. This is one of those weeks.

WWE 2k15 is alright but a little disappointing, the part that i'm loving is the story rivalry mode with Cena/Punk & HHH/HBK, but everything outside of that is kind of bland. Neat to see that the Rock came back as well.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I was like you up until two years ago when I got hooked again.... Now is a great time to start watching again, they seem to be letting the reigns (no pun intended) go a little bit more lately

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Is the presale not working for anyone else?

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Didn't work for me either. I originally set a reminder on my phone for Saturday at 9:45, until I saw the HHH tweet yesterday saying all the Texas shows would go on sale today. Only Austin showed up for me.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Is it on sale at ticketmaster