1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live at 2:00pm CT -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Wii u: Mario smash bros or Mario party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bag0b0y, Jul 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

I have kids age range from 6-9y/o and wanted to see which of these can keep them entertained longer. Thanks!

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Probably Mario Party because of all the mini games but Smash Bros is really fun too.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because of the age range, I'd do Party. For Bros, it might be unfair if your 9yo consistently wins - your other kids might be turned off of Bros after a while.

Plus, all ages can play and enjoy Party.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The new Mario party sucks.

Get Smash.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Party will be more fair competition amongst the kids because of how random it is. It doesn't really support skill.

Smash Bros is a competitive game.

Young kids will probably enjoy Mario Party more. Older competitive kids will enjoy Smash more.

6. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

So is party basically a bunch of "board" games kids play? Don't really understand the concept. Also my daughter is the older one yet my younger son seems to have mastered pvz garden warfare on Xbox. I just don't want my 6yo son to get bored easily with party as well. Anyone with kids that have played party can chime in? Thanks!

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Smash Bros is my favorite game ever, over any Xbox or PS4 game.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

From Wiki:

Every game in the main series has a standard Party Mode in which up to four players play through a board, trying to collect as many stars as possible. In every turn, each player rolls a die and progresses on the board, which usually has branching paths. Coins are primarily earned by performing well in a minigame played at the end of each turn. On most boards, players earn stars by reaching a star space and purchasing a star for a certain amount of coins. The star space appears randomly on one of several pre-determined locations and moves every time a star is purchased, usually occupying a blue space.

Every Mario Party contains at least 50 to 90 minigames with a few different types. Four-player games are a free-for-all in which players compete individually. In 2-on-2 and 1-on-3 minigames, players compete as two groups, cooperating to win, even though they are still competing individually in the main game. Some minigames in Mario Party are 4-player co-op, even though it doesn't say it. In most situations, winners earn ten coins each.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Mario Party is one of the more disappointing games Nintendo has released on the Wii U. Almost everything else on the Wii U is fantastic.

NintendoLand is better if you want that kind of party game in my opinion.

But Smash Bros or Mario Kart are both top shelf good.

My 9 year old son is quite good at Mario Kart, although to be fair my 6 year old daughter doesn't care for it as much. But what she likes is to use the Gamepad on New Super Mario Bros Wii U or Rayman Legends, which are both great games.

If I had to pick exactly one game for young kids with a lot of replay-ability I think I'd pick Mario Kart, though. (Smash if they were slightly older)

11. Cranberry_Juice

Be baller, buy both.

12. SunsRocketsfan

Mario party started sucking when they introduced the whole shared cart crap..

Stupid Nintendo. Best Mario party games were the one on the N64

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

SMASH BROS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER

14. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

Already own Kart.

Awesome! thanks. Were you referring to the super mario bros 3d game by the way that your daughter plays? I'll look into Nintendo land, I don't think i've heard of it.

Lol, $100 for 2 games. It's not Christmas yet.

15. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

Also, I forgot to ask, can you play Smash Bros with other wii U Players online?

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Yeah. It's laggy as **** though

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Nintendoland normally comes with the Wii U. It's a lot of mini games. Great for kids and better when drunk IMO.

18. DarkHorse

double post

19. DarkHorse

No I mean New Super Mario Bros. U. The person with the game pad can use the stylus (or their finger) to create blocks for other people to step on. They can also interact with some other things and generally make life easier on everyone else.

Rayman Legends is another game that's really great about that sort of thing, multiplayer but also kid friendly and the gamepad stuff is easier. There are some parts where the Gamepad interaction is basically required. (although if you're doing one player or something I think the game just takes care of it for you)

Mario 3D world is also a great game, but the gamepad part isn't really explicit. It's practically a hidden feature, and probably a little over a 6 year old's head.

Just saw that you already have Mario Kart. In that case I would probably recommend Nintendo Land or Smash Bros. The ones I mentioned above are platformers, and I wouldn't necessarily expect little kids to make it all the way through unaided.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Regular bros