1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Playstation 3 Games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by don grahamleone, Jul 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's simple, I have one, but only like 3 games. What's your favorite playstation 3 game? I'll probably buy it.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

3. Poloshirtbandit

Any of the uncharted games, 2 is my favorite.

Also ncaa football 14 and college hoops 2k8

4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The last of us

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

2nd last of us.

If you have a 3D tv, super stardust is addictive

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Uncharted 2
    God of War 3
    Demon's Souls
    Metal Gear Solid 4

7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

oh and The Last of Us

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Red Dead Redemption; it will change your life

Bioshock

LA Noir; a lot of people don't like this game, but it's stunning to look at and there's nothing else like it

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I strongly recommend you play a series of games in the order in which they were released. For example, Uncharted 1 is amazing, but 2 and 3 are even more so, and you might be less impressed if you play the first one last, seeing as how it was earlier in the PS3's life cycle.

Anyway, in no particular order:
    *- Uncharted 1-3
    *- Killzone 1-3 (1 is an HD remaster; originally a PS2 game)
    *- God of War 1-3 (HD remasters of 1 & 2, which were both PS2 games)
    - Batman Arkham 1 & 2
    - Bioshock 1-3 (1 & 2 were my favs)
    - Assassin's Creed series
    *- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (HD remasters; both were PS2 games)
    - Skyrim, despite being buggy, just might suck up the rest of your life. You have been warned.

* -- the Sony exclusives were all pretty great. Even though it came out in 2006, the PS3 is still an impressive machine.

All of the above can be had for cheap, btw.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

My list would probably get too long if I tried to list all the great non-exclusive games, so I'll stick to the very best exclusives.

TOP TIER

Valkyria Chronicles
    [​IMG]
    Best described as a strategy JRPG. It's got all the good components you expect out of a great RPG: excellent story, music, likeable characters, new game+. There are two things that really set it apart though. One is the combat, which is essentially a streamlined re-imagining of X-Com's turn-based combat (done better than the X-Com reboot's combat, IMO). The second thing is, of course, the art, which I don't think will ever show its age.

Demon's Souls
    [​IMG]
    Since these games have all sort of become a religion among hardcore gamers over the past several years, not sure this even needs an introduction anymore. But just in case: this is your basic medieval-type action RPG, and the series as a whole is famous for being unforgiving in any number of ways. This game wants you to die. A lot. And you will. But when you do it'll always be your fault, and you'll learn from your mistakes until you defeat it. The combat is methodical but absolutely superb. The enemies and environments are creative and intimidating; more so than any other game I can think of, ever. Dark Souls is just as good, though not exclusive. Dark Souls 2 didn't quite have the same magic for me.

ALSO REALLY GOOD

Metal Gear Solid 4
    [​IMG]
    Everyone's favorite interactive movie. Tons of cutscenes, but man, this is really Metal Gear in top form. Fantastic-looking despite being early on in the system's life cycle. It took me a few hours before I really got into it, but pretty soon I was truly hooked and couldn't think about any other games until I finished it. Then I immediately started again on a higher difficulty. The stealth gameplay is as compelling as it always was.

Uncharted 1 & 2
    [​IMG]
    Ever wanted to play an interactive Indiana Jones movie? Yeah, well, here you go. Exceptional voice-acting, great pacing of the story, and cheeky humor in all the right places keeps both of these really moving along like a summer blockbuster, with combat somewhat reminiscent of Gears of War. This is what action-adventure games are like when they get everything perfect. Includes difficulty to scales from "any idiot could beat this" to "I die in two hits." I played each twice right off the bat. The third entry was fine as well, but didn't have quite the same magic for me.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    [​IMG]
    Much like Uncharted, this isn't so much a unique concept of a game as just insanely well-executed. It's sort of like playing a Pixar film, where the protagonist is a little furry creature who loves nothing more than insanely huge cartoon guns. Controls very tightly, the platforming elements are never a chore, and the voice acting is up there on Uncharted's level. This is the only one I've gotten to play, though I hear the other entries are quite excellent as well.

Heavy Rain
    [​IMG]
    Now here's a game that even non-gamers can get into. Other than moving around, there isn't much in the way of set controls. This is essentially an interactive murder mystery novel, whose gameplay is all contextual commands / button prompts that are appropriate to each situation. A big part of what makes it so cool is that your actions really do have consequences in this game, which is a claim developers like to make but seldom deliver on. Good example: first time I played it, I quite unwittingly eliminated some evidence against the killer that the cops could've used to arrest him!

Journey & Flower
    [​IMG]
    I'm lumping these together because they're made by the same developer, and with very much the same design philosophy. They're small downloadable games that are absurdly easy for anyone to play (think one button), but their value is much, much greater than the same of their parts. They're both utterly beautiful both visually and aurally, and I think the best way to describe them would be that they're like guided meditations in videogame form.

1 person likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Arkham games

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Uncharted series
    Demon's Souls
    Last of Us
    Heavy Rain (more of an interactive movie but still awesome)
    Valkyria Chronicles

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Fallout New Vegas...hours of fun

If you like JRPGs at all I suggest Ni No Kuni...nice lighthearted RPG that you can adjust the difficulty on if need be

And I also suggest the Last of Us...that game gave me the feels

Cheap downloadable games I suggest are Journey and Puppeteer...there are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now

Also underrated game is Spec Ops: The Line

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

The Last of Us

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Only one mention of Red Dead Redemption?

That's one of the greatest games of all time, on any system. Even the DLC is absolutely amazing.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Pretty much this but I'm not a huge fan of Uncharted

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Yes, and Red Dead Redemption.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Red Dead Redemption

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member