1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Tundra/F-150/Silverado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Jul 27, 2015.

1. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Does anyone have any opinions on these three trucks?

I'm trading in my WRX for one of these bad boys. I've narrowed my search down to these three. I plan on doing a lot of fishing/camping with it, but I won't be towing much of anything except for when I move out of my apartment.

I'm leaning towards the Tundra, just because I'm in love with how it looks, but that's probably not the best reason to buy a vehicle.

Any advice is appreciated!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you're not towing anything a minivan would fit you better.

1 person likes this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Don't do it. Keep the WRX.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Bro, why not all three? You'll get your NBA contract soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm a Ford man personally. So I'm obviously biased.

But if weren't driving a Ford truck, I'd be driving a GMC Sierra.

1 person likes this.
  6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Won't be as quick as your free throws... ooooo

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I like the American trucks better because they are updated more often since it's most of their business. American trucks are just as reliable, last a long time, and have better gas mileage. That being said, they are all good trucks.

1 person likes this.
  8. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Haha I've been driving stick for the past 6 years. I'm ready for a switch, man. And I want to be able to do more outdoorsy stuff that wouldn't be feasible with a sedan. It's a 2015 WRX, too... I goofed.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Colorado!

Wish the ZR2 wasn't just a concept.
    [​IMG]

But of those, I don't think you can really go wrong. I'm not in love with the new look of the F150s, personally, but most would disagree with me probably. I also like the GMC Sierra, but can't as anything bad about Tundras.

1 person likes this.
  10. hvic

hvic Member

I grew up with imports but I love how durable and reliable the F150 are

1 person likes this.
  11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Take a saturday off and go test drive all three of them. Purchase the one you like the most.

My most recent vehicle purchase wasn't even on my radar. Test drove it and ordered one shortly after.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

The Tundra. Take one look under the hood of all three and you'll see why.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

silverado because you can lift those. Never seen a lifted Tundra. I own a new silverado. Sickkunt

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Of those, I would choose F-150.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I just bought a 2015 Silverado midnight edition and its ****in badass. I've owned a Chevy for all my life and I will never drive a piece of **** ford. I've put 100s of thousands of miles on Chevys in the past and never had a single problem. Everyone I know that drives a ford has it in the shop often. A coworker of mine has a 2014 f150 and its been back to the dealership 6 times (back up camera broke, seat broke, water pump crack are a few things he has complained about. Lol it has 23k miles on it. I can't say for a tundra though I've heard good things.

If you want a truck that last then buy a Chevy. Tundras havnt been around long enough to have the reputation. If you want to buy a new truck in 2017, buy a ford.

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Tundras are extremely overpriced. They aren't as reliable as their Toyota car brethren, and they are a pain in the ass to drive with how huge that front end is.

I dig the new F150 because of all the new tech that they're putting in them. The ecoboost engines are cool as hell, but they're having reliability issues with them at the moment. And with the all new aluminum use in them, purchases are experiencing exorbitant repair bills when they get wrecked. Apparently only specific shops can do the work on their aluminum panels and frames, and what would be a reasonable $6k repair on steel, turns into a $17k job for the new aluminum trucks.

Chevy trucks have been, and I tend to hope will always be the best and most reliable trucks beyond a Cummins powered truck. The LS based engines are the most reliable and sound truck engines ever engineered. They're build quality is outstanding now, and they've been throwing tech into them just like Ford. I would hands down get a Silverado/Seirra.

GMC itself ranks in the top 5 annually in reliability and build quality, simply due to the fact they strictly make the GM truck models. If Chevy stopped making **** cars, they would rank just as highly, but they're cars have been garbage up until very recently.

I personally owned a 96' Chevy 2500LD with a 5.7 Vortec. It was running as if new at 306k miles up until I was hit at a red light and it was totaled. Their trucks aren't beatable.

1 person likes this.
  17. BleedsRocketRed

If towing and capacity isnt really your thing for a full size, the new Colorado's are a very good route to take. Tacoma's as well. While smaller, they are pretty decent size/power/payload wise for less than a full size.

Other than that, the Ford/Chevy/GMC debate will never provide a winner over the other. Everyone has their opinions and in all reality, they are all pretty much the same. It really depends on what you get for how much

Tundra, well I don't know much about them. Toyota's have been known to be reliable, but I cant say how true that is. Tacoma's though, are damn good trucks.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lol I see a lot of people still living in the country

Dude if you live in a big city like Houston, don't get a truck. That's some old school ****. Get a corvette or something like that

Trucks are so outdated and really If you drive a truck people assume you're some 50 year old loner

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

And now for his next trick, Paul will attempt five quick release free throws over his new truck and then stare off the camera as he drives away...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard and I'm not surprised it's coming from a complete tool like you. A lot of people in Houston require trucks to do their jobs or tow boats (as I do) or other things that a car cannot do. Don't you have a fire McHale prep rally to host in your moms basement?