1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Listen I'm just not there yet. I'm gonna need some more time.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lol @ Houston catching breaks. Breaks like losing Bosh and Parsons? The national media was all about how Rockets would fall and be an 8th seed before the season. Instead we were arguably the second best team last year. I do love how Morey called to check him.

3. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

What? The whole point of his argument was to explain that baseball was a simple game that didn't require intelligence and that managing a team would not be a difficult job at all. And then he brought up that "a third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic." Everything after that line is him explaining the educational issues of the country, as if to say "its not their fault they're stupid." Just incredibly offensive stuff.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I will never understand why so many people care about what talking heads like Cowherd, Bayless, and Stephen A say about us.

They have their jobs because they talk loudly and make exaggerated statements to get ratings from the lowest common denominator of the sports fans. If you are watching them, then you are part of the lowest common denominator they are pandering to. They have no actual knowledge worth hearing.

5. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

What about those of us who do not watch them but still get offended and feel insulted by their exaggerated statements?

6. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

Agree. So annoying they get compensated so well for this, but I guess I have to respect the hustle. Upsets me that they're are more knowledgable, more professional, and better people out there who deserve the spotlight but won't get the chance.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Turn the channel.

8. Kash

Kash Member

I use to be neutral on Cowherd until I saw how pathetic he was with Harden. My god, it's almost as if he had s personal vendetta with James. I'm glad ESPN canned that unprofessional troll. Harden is the MVP in the league based off the players that play in it. Period. I'll take their perspective every day over a nerdy talk show host like Colin.

*drops the mic*

9. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

To be fair Colin has stopped hating on rockets actually he said the rockets had one of the top rosters in the league. So let's not kick a man while he's down or paid vacation leave....

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I agree with this. Wholeheartedly. And I am as big of a James Harden fan as any of you are.

11. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

"What about those of us who do not watch them but still get offended and feel insulted by their exaggerated statements?"

Did you not listen to the youtube clip? Cowerd was like "for those who think I hate the Rockets, I'm about to say a good thing about them but I'm going to be reluctant about it and you'll hear it in my voice. It's going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to say but here goes: the Rockets have a really good roster."

By the way, I'm a big Harden fan, too. But I hate his hand gestures after shots, and I've said it before. I miss the time when players would just point up or point to the assist guy after a big shot. But I understand it's part of who he is (young, single, loves to party, filthy rich, showboat, etc) and it does fit his personality.

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

A lot of times after making a shot, Dream would raise his index finger in the direction of the player that passed him the ball. A gesture of gratitude from The Dream.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

lol at the idea of lebron not showboating, and lol at people who think curry doesnt do it too. there is nothing wrong with it and saying harden doesnt get black and play defense during crunch time is laughable

14. Ashes

Ashes Member

I know the stigma about Harden's defense, but was it really bad last year? Dude averaged 1.9 steals (I know not always indicative of good D), 0.7 blks, 103 DRtg, and 4.2 Defensive Win Share. I don't pretend to know much about advanced statistics and stuff, and I'm sure some can be misleading, but that still has to mean something. Those numbers have to at least have some factors that were very good, considering the last two (DRtg and DWS) were higher than LeBron James and Jimmy Butler's.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

don't mind tinman. he's just old and cranky.

16. the shark

the shark Member

I could care less about this jackass, and his opinions.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You feel insulted by sports talk?

That means he did his job well

18. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

You think Cohwerd did a good job? To quote the average CF member, "you must not be a true Rockets fan," lol.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

SAT scores being higher doesn't mean anything FYI. They have been curving those higher and higher for at least 20 years. It's not comparing apples to apples.

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

To be fair that is kind of what espn has some of these hacks do. They spout off polarizing opinons which increases the ratings. If you put sensible and fair guys on it just doesn't make for "interesting" radio expect for the diehard sports fans. Espn tries to reach the mediocre fan so they have to put idiots like cowherd on.

That said I'm glad his mouth finally caught up with him and even if some think it wasn't worthy of the PR beating he's getting he had it coming for awhile now. I hated the guy so the only thing a fan can do is to not tune in and try not to talk about the sensationalist crap he spews....because if you do he's done well the job they pay him to do.