1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. dragician

dragician Member

walk among the tombstones - 6/10.

should not be released in the movie theaters. nothing special, jsut like a regular tv episode of POI series.

2. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

The Truman Show - 8/10

Really holds up well. The use of product placement nowadays is as blatant as comically shown in the film.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Minions - 8/10

Good enough to laugh at without having to bring a child, yet childish enough to not make me geek out about it.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Star Wars episode I, II, III & IV, V, VI

Weird to say this, but it seems like the graphics got significantly worse in the prequels. What a horrible time for special effects. More than 90% of the time, it was like they superimposed people on cartoon. Pretty sad that you can't beat movies that came out a couple decades prior. Which was unfortunate because the story was good, and I might argue that the prequel had a slightly better story than the sequels.

Last time I watched the original Star Wars was in elementary school in the early 90s and so I didn't really remember much except for Ewoks and Vader unmasked. The light saber fights (or any fight scene) were obviously lacking in the originals, boring in fact. But they had infinitely better acting.

Prequels - 4/10
    Sequels - 7/10 (with Return of the Jedi 9/10)

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I know I'm in the minority on this but I would actually rank Revenge of the Sith above Return and probably A New Hope. Though I haven't watched Sith in quite awhile so maybe it doesn't hold up as well. A New Hope gets a little bogged down in the world building, since it's the first in the franchise, and Return of the Jedi has some kiddie/stupid elements that's hard to get around (the Emperor's elite stormtroopers were idiots for getting beat by Ewoks).

I'd probably go like this V > III > VI > IV > II >>>>>>> I

The prequels get a bit too much hate, some of it deserved and some of it not so much.

47 Ronin.

Not quite as bad as reviews would have you believe. It probably would have been better had they toned down or done away with the fantasy elements. And it definitely felt like Hollywood's take on this story. But it was still watchable and fairly enjoyable.

5/10

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ted 2: 7/10

Better than the original; didn't really explain what happened to Mila's character from the first movie but Amanda Seyfried just was better for this movie and more relatable. Loved the cameos from Morgan Freeman, Brady, and Liam. Walburgh was great in it as usual.

7. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Southpaw - 9/10 Antoine Fuqua makes good movies.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Minions: 7.8/10

Lot of "adult" moments in the movie. Was hilarious though and yes, I am a grown adult saying that. Lot of references to past hit movies and those minions are pretty darn adorable

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Ant-Man: 8.5/10 - I really enjoyed this film, much better than Iron-Man 2, Thor's, Captain America's and other recent Marvel movies. On par with the first Iron Man and Avengers.

10. Faust

Faust Member

Trainwreck = 4/5 stars

Hilarious, really dirty, kinda like a chick flick sometimes but nice combo of drama and comedy, and the lead chick was casted very well. She's barely cute and a bit chunky but she gets a lot of guys because she puts out too easily. Really interesting look at single life not being all that and family life being much better for some people.

11. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Just saw Southpaw and thought the movie was amazing. Jake G is just killin it these past few years

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Has anyone seen Nightcrawler? He's ****ing insane in that movie.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

yea, he was good in it, but the movie was rather unimpressive though

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mad Max: 8/10. Non-stop action. If it had taken a couple of breaths along the way, could have been 9/10.

Good stuff.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

After Pr0n Ends - 6/10

It's a documentary on the lives of 4-5 of famous pr0n stars from the 70s-2000s that we all knew and love. The girls look ugly the older they get with all the plastic surgery they had to get along the way to their faces and boobs. Basically pr0n is like professional sports where most of them go broke after retirement. Some spoke about their experience and how they regret doing it but ended up back in front of the camera for financial reasons. Anyway Raylene is still hot and still fapable.

Hot Girls Wanted - 5/10

Another documentary about the opposite end of After Pr0n Ends, where it follows the brief stints of 4-5 amateur girls in the industry. Weird that I do recognize some of their faces and I've seen their vids before. Most of these girls hate what their doing, but they're young and they're stupid, and they're motivated by the quick buck and getting out of their parent's house. It's a very slow documentary and really nothing exciting, but I like the contrast on the girls in the beginning and the end. They were very optimistic like they're going to conquer the pr0n world and become Jenna Jameson, but then after a number of shoots... just sucks the life and spirit out of them.

So.. enough about this "oh but they're real people too" nonsense. I'm gonna go fap to a few of these girls' vids.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jurassic World - 6.5/10

It was an OK action movie, but I can't understand how this is the 3rd highest grossing film ever.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

It was one of the best movies of the year (and it was a GREAT year for movies).

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Birdman 6.5/10

Part self-congratualtory industry piece, part beat poet existentialist uber-meta magical realism. I enjoyed it for what it was, but if you want to watch a much better movie about a self-absorbed, depressed egomaniac making a play about himself, watch Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche, New York.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. Caught it on cable, after avoiding it for a long time, and found the flick better than I expected. 5/10 is fair, I think. Putting it another way, I've seen far worse.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dope: 9/10

Interesting movie with an original premise.