1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Favorite NBA Podcasts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Besides ClutchFans ;-) ....post your favorite NBA Podcasts. Would love to find some hidden gems out there.

2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I only listen to CF and The Starters, would love to find a few more myself. Some friends and I have been doing some "nerd" podcasts for a couple months and it makes me want to check some more out.

3. malakas

malakas Member

My favourite is Lowe's with Dudley. He is about to make a new one today and can't wait to hear it lol - (fan girl mode).

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Listening to it now. Dudley just picked the Rockets to win it all.

5. malakas

malakas Member

yeah lol. Also voted for Harden for MVP and explained why. Also LOVES Motiejunas, called him one of the best if not the best post players in the league.

That's why I am Dudley's biggest fan. :grin: He is so honest and has such high bball iq and gives the BEST bball interviews.

Here's the podcast if anyone interested
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13309078

He talks about the Rockets and the West in the last 10-15 minutes. The first part is him explaining how a trade happens. It's pretty informative of what going on behind the scenes.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I listen to all Zach Lowe's podcast and NBA Lockdown sometimes. Really missing Bill Simmons right about now.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast
    Lowe Post
    BS Report (if it ever comes back)
    Eye on Basketball Podcast

8. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I struggle listening to podcasts.

Even if the topic is of interest to me, I tend to get drowsy :(

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I used to mess with Zach Lowe, but he really pissed me off during the playoffs when he talked about Rockets. His Pro-GSW bias is so annoying.

10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Pop the Trunk!

11. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Eye On Basketball all day every day. Much better than The Starters in my opinion, except for sometimes The Drop.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can't stand The Starters. Something about their voices annoy me.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He was so bugged that Spurs had to play the Clippers in the 1st round. He never came out and said so but I always sensed he secretly blamed the Rockets and felt it was unfair they got the 2nd seed. And then when the Rockets came back against the Clippers he repeatedly said he still believed the Clippers were the better team. He had also had a habit of saying "..and I even picked the Rockets to win!" like it was clearing him from any bias. I still mess with Lowe though. Probably my favorite NBA podcaster.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

- Jalen & Jacoby
    - Nate Duncan's Dunc'd On -- didn't know this existed til postseason but really enjoyed it
    - Probably not terribly interesting if you don't play fantasy basketball, but I love the podcasts Kyle McKeown does for RotoWorld

I'm so meh on the Starters these days. They used to be the only people you could count on to cover every single game from the night before, no matter how insignificant or how small the markets. Both the podcast and the show have become less attractive to me since they stopped doing that, but I still listen/watch every now and then just because I have a crush on Tas. :/

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

-Zach Lowe / Lowe Post for sure for me.
    -Am also new to Nate Duncan's Dunc'd On podcast. Pretty good. Covers a lot of stuff and the frequency of the podcast is quite good.
    -Like many of you, missing Simmons' podcast.

Thanks everyone for responding.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Lowe Post is probably the best out there....BS Report was good, but obviously that's in jeopardy now. I'll have to check out some of the ones listed here.

I don't like Jalen and Jacoby's Pop the Trunk podcast and I can't stand the NBA After Dark podcast.

Just give me someone who is impartial and talks about real basketball with the occasional behind the scenes story. I don't like the podcasts that focus on what people are doing on Twitter, who has a beef with who, who is dating who, etc...

17. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

Jalen and Jacoby is a good one, be forewarned that Jalen spends about half the time telling stories of his NBA days which can be a bit much.

Lowe Post is one of the best NBA podcasts, great basketball mind, and brings on good guests.

The Starters is funny, just a bunch of guys being goofy and making fun of people.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Listening to the Dunc'd On podcast and it's driving me crazy. Maybe it's because I'm a longtime musician but I hate the sound of harsh bathroom style slap back reverb from guys who are doing podcasts in small rooms with no room treatments. It sounds so amateur to me and frankly degrades the listening experience.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The best ones have already been mentioned, but I'll go ahead recommend checking out Believe The Hype. You can think of the them as the Aussie version of The Starters, but less corporate

Edit: Totally agree with glimmertwins. Dunc'd On has potential to be the 2nd best podcast but their production quality is pathetic.

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

This. Used to like Basketball Jones b4 they became Starters. Thanks to other for the recommendations. Will need to check them out.