1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wireless Noise Canceling Headphone Advice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Omer, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Omer

Omer Member

2. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Take a look at the B&O H8, I've tested them in the store and loved them. I'm waiting until they release a black/silver model though.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Honestly, when I'm ready to spring for a mobile pair of wireless headphones, I'll probably get the Beats Studio Wireless. They're comfortable, don't look ridiculous if you get them in Matte Black, and the bass has been dialed back a ton so that they now sound decent.

I know a ton of people are totally against them, but I actually like them a lot.

4. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Beats suck. Sound quality is so meh.

5. Omer

Omer Member

These look great but the price is a bit steep. Anything in the $200-$300 range available?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bose quiet comfort

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm getting the B&O H8 soon. The quality on them is top notch.

Currently have Beats but they're starting to wear out fast. Bluetooth doesn't work as consistently anymore. Bose is always a good alternative to Beats. I think Harmon and Kardon have some headphones out too, but I'm not sure if they're both noise canceling and wireless. Same goes with Sennheiser and Bower & Wilkins. You should try those guys out and see if they have what you like.

8. FrancisFan

For just active noise cancelling, sure, you can get some decent Audio-Technica QuietPoints for like $100. But with wireless, I'm not too sure in that price range. You may want to look at the Parrot Zik, the first version should be in that range. Samsung also had a set, but personally, I don't feel the fit and finish is quite there.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

How effective are these things? If I has them on would I still be hearing the engines in a passsenger jet?

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yes, but it would seem very muffled and faint. Likely more relaxing than annoying. That is if you didn't have any music playing and were just using them for the noise cancelling.

11. Omer

Omer Member

Those look pretty nice hadnt heard of them before thanks.

Any comments on the Beats Studio Wireless 2.0? I understand they are overpriced but are they good as far as both wireless and noise canceling are concerned? Hard to find headphones with both features in one.

12. FrancisFan

I'm not too sure on the Beats. If I'm paying $400 for them, I'd rather pay an extra $100 for better quality and design.

13. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

The best active noise cancelling i've seen is Bose Quiet Comfort. Blows the competition out of the water.

I personally own the Logitech UE9000, they are good but pale compared to the QC25's

For $400 I'd definitely go Bose over Beats.. Beats are highly over-rated

14. Omer

Omer Member

[​IMG]

Was able to get these brand new on Amazon for $220 due to some crazy pricing they had when I checked and only 1 left in stock so I pulled the trigger and went with that