1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Jul 19, 2015.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

I really like Nick Johnson. He's young, athletic, plays great on ball defense and can dunk. He's a bit undersized for a SG.

I think if he works on his 3 point shot, he can be solid player like a Courtney Lee.

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'll keep an eye on him and if he gets minutes i will watch. They are stacked full of average players so he might struggle. I wish him all the best though

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I really think Nick has promise if he works on his shot. I like in CO Springs, so maybe I'll watch Nuggets games a bit more to see how he does.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And somehow people b****ing about Canaan not getting enough chances with the rockets but b****ing how Nick sucks so bad here?

Good luck Nick, you are in a better place now.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

He might be able to get more PT in Denver, but not sure about his fit there.

I do think he's a serviceable NBA player and wouldn't be at all surprised if the Rockets take a look at him again when he'll be a free agent.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Interesting tidbit from Lowe's article.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Good Luck to Nick Johnson in Denver! He found out how hard it is to play both sides of the court, I am stating this because of his comment of Harden's Defense or Lack of Defense.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Going to miss his dunks. Good luck!

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Color me surprised. Nick having issues with the Vipers coaching staff goes against what we knew of the kid, hard worker, high effort and high BB IQ player. His college coaches raved about him.

10. craguin

craguin Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jz4LqVl7AEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. hakeemthagreat

If he can develop a decent jumpshot and learn the pg position better, I think he can grown into a decent player. Ive always wanted him to get more PT but McHale seemed annoyed by him

12. beardnation

beardnation Member

I remember this. Harden fouled out and DMO and Nick stepped up. Wish him the best.

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

lol, there's always one...

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Nick Johnson just got waived from the Nuggets.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nick should be the best talent among those 4

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don't see it online but 610 mentioned prigioni n Johnson gone. Even the Denver radio guy who came on said the same thing.

17. Space City

Space City Member

Don't forget Ariza's block on the other end to seal the game.

I'll be sitting here hoping for Nick to develop into his a player of his uncle's caliber (and then return to the Rockets when he does).

D-rock likes this.
  18. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Really?? Wow, that is really surprising. Hope he lands somewhere where he can get some playing time. Not sure why the Nuggets wouldn't want him though.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Nick Johnson now part of Austin Spurs (San Antonio D-League affiliate), and not on a NBA team assignment. He looked good last night versus the Golden State affiliate as did Tim Hardaway Jr.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Figures! I always liked Nick and believe he could develop into a decent PG if he develops his jumper.