1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I hear ya, been a 2k player since 2k9 on the PC, best basketball game out there.

On topic, SPLASH, happy we got Lawson, now we have the means to make a more serious run, as long as everyone stays healthy.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've had friends in the Military who had multiple DUI's and drinking problems. Really they are just like the rest of us only when they are drunk they thik they are better drivers. A lot of people don't take drunk driving serious because they do it all the time and never get caught or nothing bad happens. Hopefully at rehab they are stressing the importance of hiring his own driver. P.S. If we don't win a title I totally can't be mad at Morey he's done his job.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh 4? I didn't know his DUI situation but that does not sound good. I was asking because I really didn't know what was going on with his DUI stuff.

Hopefully he'll be motivated playing on a legit contender and knowing his contract is almost up.

Which means that the Rockets can probably get rid of him pretty easily if it doesn't work out this season and we did not lose anything to get him.

Hopefully though he'll make better decisions off the court.

4. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

On a plane in London about to take off after my one month honeymoon in Europe. Woke up and saw the trade popped up on my phone as the alarm went off and I was screaming and running around my hotel room. My wife thinks I'm crazy. The last time I did that - I had not slept and late night we got the news that we got arrest - 2008 - that was the last time I thought we would win it all. 8 years I have been a season ticket holder - I have cried through bad seasons - Morey you are my hero!!

1 person likes this.
  5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with the trade as we gave up no key rotation players and only a conditional first.

That being said, I'm quite wary of adding Lawson into the mix. He clearly has significant personal problems and hasnt shown much professionalism the past year. If there are any chemistry issues with this team (and I recall cyberx indicating that there are), Lawson could be the match to the fuse that ultimately blows this team apart. I just dont trust McHale to manage the egos and keep everyone focused on the goal of winning a championship.

And if Lawson starts with Harden, we're going to see some awful defenae on the perimeter, which means Dwight will foul more often.,

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hahhahahahah

Murrraaaayyyyyy!

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Exactly This and pretty sure over 90% of this forum has done this at least once big timer.

8. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Replaced a member of the headband crew, just gotta get Terry back

9. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Wow, let's hope he pulls himself together. Legit contenders if so

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Thank God. I had hoped we didn't trade Dwight Howard in the deal.

Moari is teh jeanius!

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

I haven't been this excited since Harden trade..skippy dippy do!:grin:

12. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

This deal has no downside. Either Lawson flourishes and we extend him, or he flounders and he's a 13 million dollar expiring contract next offseason.

This dude was just handed a huge career lifeline. We were the second best team in the playoffs last year, and that was without a decent point guard. Now we've got a Top 10 point guard with the best defensive point guard in the league backing him up and we're probably bringing our playoff starting point guard back as a third stringer. If Lawson can't hold it together off the court for that, well, then he'll be trade bait a year's time from now.

13. Zfan

Zfan Member

Yes. Good trade. Lawson has a very effective crossover. Can't wait to see him play.

14. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

morey laying down the law(son) since 2007

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Very excited to see what the team looks like with a real PG running the floor. The last pure PG I can remember starting for Houson was Lowry. Before that it was Sam Cassell, like 21 years ago.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Man this is exciting. Lets go!

19. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

That CBS article mentioned a 2nd back to the Rockets. If it's Denver's second, then that makes the deal even more of a steal. Remember the Carl Landry situation?

One could argue that an early 2nd is worth more than a late first.

20. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^
    It is Denver's...unprotected.

:eek: